AVIC411.com

3.0 bluetooth problems

I, as well as some other avic f users have been experiencing some Bluetooth problems after updating our system to 3.0. It seems that one of the problems and the one that annoys me the most is that if I am on a call, while using the avic, and I get to my destination and turn off my vehicle, also turning off the unit, it hang up the call. That’s right terminates the call. Previously in the 2.0 world the call would be switch from Bluetooth to the handset. A thread on this problem was started in “trouble shooting” area of the forum without any progress. After seeing this and researching what I could I took matters into my own hands. I replace the current files on unit (parrot.ini, parrot.dll, tel.exe) with the ones found in the 2.0 update. After a little trial and error I pinpointed the tel.exe file to be the culprit. It seems that when I use the tel.exe file from the 2.0 update my phone no longer hangs up. However there are still some problems such as it takes the phone about 10 sec. to transfer the call from Bluetooth to the handset so there is some lag time there. Also the 2.0 tel.exe has the old look to it, meaning that it shows the call connection on the bottom of the screen and not in the small box to the side. It is also not showing the hang up icon on the hang up button, the button is there and it works but the icon is not. I figured with the progress I made that maybe someone can look into this and this issue should now be more of a hack topic. Thank you in advance for any input anyone may have on the subject. I will continue doing what I can to try and fix this but I am not advance enough to mess with .exe files.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...