AVIC411.com

position lagging on the map on avic d3

Hi everyone. My location seems to be lagging on the map while I m driving. I connected the VSS thinking it might've been the problem but no luck. My gps anntenna is mounted on the dash but when I put it outside no luck either. Any suggestions? I m currently using dvd map from ebay (not original). Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

What's the learn status?

1) make sure the unit is firmly in the dash

2) make sure antenna is affixed to the metal plate (it needs that) that came with it

3) reset learning if this isn't a new unit or if VSS wasn't plugged in before

From there, find some back streets with very little traffic and reset the position at an intersection.

Take it 'for a ride' --- turns are better for learning in my experience, as are onramps and offramps.

What vehicle do you have this in? My Mazda takes a LOT longer to learn than my CR-V did; I had a D3 now I've got a Z110BT and it was doggy until I gave it some hard curves and 90-degree turns. Almost 100 miles on it and it's a lot smarter.

-Ernie

I just upgraded to 90MT and noticed that mine is lagging as well. It never did that before in the past 4 years.

I noticed the lagging when I set my display to the closest zoom street view. I have mine setup in Kilometers so my closest zoom setting is 25 meters. At the 25 meter setting, there is about a 10 meter lag. I have physically passed the interesection but the GPS shows that I am just about to enter it.

When I set my zoom to 50 meters, it is perfect and the positioning matches where I am on the street.

I tried to reposition the GPS at the 25 meter setting but it didn't work very well for me. I am ok with the 50 meter setting as that is what I normally have it set at.