AVIC411.com

Has 3.0 fixed any of these problems with SD cards and MP3s?

I have some specific questions about the 3.0 upgrade, wondering if they address the following issues (F700BT):

• [*:2ar2lgr7]MP3 files cut off at end -- only happens to certain files (may be VBR files? haven't checked)
    [*:2ar2lgr7]No random/shuffle in folder option - very annoying with a large SD card full of different kinds of music. I generally listen without random now, as annoying as it is, since it's less annoying than constantly switching genres of music.
    [*:2ar2lgr7]Slow startup of music when playing from SD card - SD playback generally is slower to start than other modes, but if SD is selected as the source when the car is shut off, it seems to take a very long time when the car is turned on before music is heard (over 20 seconds). As a contrast, with FM selected, there is sound in under 10 seconds (you can't change the channel just yet, but at least there is noise).
    [*:2ar2lgr7]SD playback position forgotten - when the car is shut-off and then restarted while SD is playing back, the file being listened to is started from the beginning, instead of resuming at the same point like it does with MP3s on CD (or presumably audio CDs)
    [*:2ar2lgr7]Uselessly slow fast forward/rewind - I don't know the exact speed, but it takes what feels like a REALLY long time to fast forward/rewind. Coupled with forgetting the playback positions, this makes listening to long podcasts almost impossible - it can literally take 3 minutes of holding ffw to go 15 minutes. That is 3 very long minutes of holding a button, with absolutely no sound.

One of my biggest reason to get this unit was the combination of a large screen to select music, and the fact I could use a large SD card and load on a ton of music. The above outlines my biggest problems with the 2.x firmware in this regard.

I can't find a complete changelog for 3.0, and I can't find anyone on the forums discussing these topics (aside from the VBR thing, which sounds like it's probably fixed).

Thanks

[*]I haven't had any issue with mp3s cutting out at the end. I do have vbr files on my 2gb sd and they play fine through the end.

[*]I can't remember if there is a shuffle. I use my ipod to shuffle my library, sd is just for fresh tracks

[*]Startup time has been improved, but it is still too long imo.

[*]Playback position is still forgotten, when I start up the car it restarts the track (so lame)

[*]FF and RW are still too slow to use while driving.

If I were you, I would save my money from the 3.0 update and get an entry level iPod that is compatible with these units. This will fix all of the issues you listed above except the start up time. Startup time for ipods still seems to be 10-20 secs.

Bummer. The AVIC has the capability to do all this stuff nicely, it's just a software problem. Seems silly to buy an ipod to overcome a few relatively simple software fixes.

Shuffle is available if you click on 'Func' button. Mine now allows 'none', and 'entire card'. It would be nice if there was an option for 'current folder' and/or 'current folder plus subfolders'

Thanks for the other insight.