AVIC411.com

GEX-P20HD on the Z110BT

One more question ;)

The GEX-P20HD gets poor reviews in a lot of places, but everyone seems to have lower-end or older decks that are complaining. Does anyone have this on a Z110BT and is using it heavily?

My suspicion is like with the FEEDS app (and it's poor reviews) that most are related to Pioneer not including features to lower-end receivers.

I probably won't use it, but if it's everything it's supposed to be, it'd be a nice addition.

Thanks.

--EDIT-- I did see the thread on the "F" forum (no hyphen in search, duh) --- still would like to hear from any Z110BT owners if possible.

I just installed the GEX-P20HD and I'm not too happy with it. The biggest issue is no pre-set descriptions and switching back and forth from AM/FM. To get back to AM you have to page throught the FM's to get to the AM. Before digitial I could switch Back and forth. I'm thinking about taking the HD module out and either going back to the AM/FM or to Sirius. Don't like to pay for the monthly subscriptions though. I will give it couple of days working with it before I decide. Still learning about digital radio, hope I don't find more about it I don't like.

Talked to the Pioneer tech rep about not having the preset listing with HD radio. He told me on certain in-dash receivers this is true you do not have the preset listings. He also said this is not a malfunction, it was programmed that way. I told him I thought it was a problem and was removing the HD module and going back to am/fm radio.

No presets are obviously a problem and scrolling through three fm sections to get to am is a pain, but I have a good sound system in my car and think it sounds great. Fm especially but i listen to am sports radio and you can really hear the difference when it is analog then goes to digital.

Overall I'd say you could live without it though.