AVIC411.com

Ebay Harness for F700BT, Possible Mislabel Wire. Need Advice

Ok so my pioneer came from ebay, used without the power harness. I ordered one from ebay and hooked it up yesterday to my battery charger and a speaker and everything worked fine there. Today I had to wire into my metra harness for my RSX.

Orange and white from the pioneer harness is supposed to be dimmer right? Well this ebay harness had a solid orange labeled illumination, and thats it. As far as I can tell the oem doesnt have that. This wire was located in pin three on the bottom right next to the red wire. Is this the orange and white wire for dimmer? I hooked it to dimmer wire in RSX metra harness and left the solid orange illum wire from metra unattached (per the advice of the DIY insta

This is a common issue. Not all factory wiring includes am illumination wire. The only way to know for sure it the orange on the metra harness can be connected to the orange/white on the pioneer is to test the metra wire. Use a digital multi meter and test the orange wire. It should be 0 volts dc with the lights off and 12 volts dc when you turn the lights on. Also use the dimmer switch while the lights are on to verify that voltage does not change on the wire.

I understand that. The problem is the harness that comes out of the pioneer (forget the metra harness). Its aftermarket, and only contains a solid orange labeled "Illumination". I think its a mislabel, but I want to verify. I believe whoever made the harness meant it to be an orange/white wire, but instead put a solid orange wire. So the position is pin 3 from the right (your right as you look at it) on the bottom next to the red 12v+ wire. I just need someone to verify that this wires color should be orange/white (dimmer wire).