AVIC411.com

Annoying rear view/back up camera behavior

Hi there,

I have a X710BT installed with a rear view camera hooked up for sometime. The video from the camera works just fine whenever I put my car to the [R] gear, except one thing: sometime the video is shown (with the white WARNING line on top) for one second or so, then disappears along with the WARNING line for around 2 seconds (nothing, black screen), then reappears again for good (with the white WARNING line on top) during back up.

This happens in 80% of the time and it is very annoying! :twisted:

Anybody has observed this behavior with their setup?

Many thanks.

Where do you have the reverse signal wire connected to? It sounds almost like an internittant connection such as a switch not making a solid connection or a ground problem. I hooked up a camera for my daugter in law and had a similar problem with a loose ground connection.

The reverse wiring should be connected correctly, but like you say, it is possible the the ground wire is making a not-so-good contact because the provided camera ground wire is less than tiny, very very small and fragile.

During normal driving, if I turn ON the rear view camera, it behaves the same, 80% of the time!!

Does your daughter's car got the same behavior?

Thanks.

If this is the true problem, I would have to wait it to die before I try to fix it, because with my 4x4, it is a long way to re-route the ground from the rear to the front, dismount the dash then reconnect it :mrgreen: .

Thank you very much for the advise. :)

Thanks Laz for your continue support! :D

I have a Honda Pilot 2005, so I don't know whether it will make a good ground in the rear hayon style of door. There are two contact points from the door hinges, and when closed (obviously), there is one additional contact with the rest of the car via the lock point. You know what I mean?

One way to making sure is to use a multimeter, extend the wires and probe between the front and the rear door. Is this enough?

• 3 weeks later...