AVIC411.com

Hi,

My f500bt (European model, so the craddle cable does not have a yellow wire) was installed by proffesional staff some months ago and the car ignition turned out to be a nightmare for the system. After reading much I decided to analyse the installation and it was wrong: the 12V lighter plug was plugged to the unit side port and the amplifier was also connected to the craddle cable feed.

I disconnected the amplifier power and the system performed quite well (some reboots, etc.) but it did not turned off/on after ignition. It just operrated with the batteries with an annoying message about the USB cable.

Now I have disconnected the side cable and have connected the amplifier power. The system turns on when igninting the car but with lots of reboots and so on.

Frankly speaking the system performed better when the power was connected to the side (not so many reboots), otherwise I am considering the X910 power feed solution with capacitors, ZED diodes.... but I am a completeley rookie with electronic components.

Could someone tell me which solution is better? Is the side feed OK or maybe some risky (the manual does not mention this option may it will drain the battery)?

Thanks