AVIC411.com

Problems with PAC SWI-PS

Hello all,

I recently installed my 1.67 version of the PAC SWI-PS steering wheel button interface into my 2007 Nissan Armada with an AVIC F90BT. I went through the programming proceedure and now have two issues:

1) There is a delay of 3 - 10 seconds for the commands that I press via the steering wheel - if it works at all.

2) The AVIC beeps when I press the volume up or down.

PAC Tech support told me to try programming it with the engine running and also to turn off the system beeps. I was told by Pioneer support that the beeps can only be lowered in volume, not turned off completely with the exception on some functions within navigation (duh).

Is there any advice that people have to get this thing up and running? It is fairly usless as it is so I wonder if it is even worth the trouble - I would like to hear anyone's experience with Nissan / Infiniti and the SWI-PS if you are out there.

Thanks!

1 way too long, there might be a problem with the unit itself, did you solder all the wires? since this thing works off of different resistances it is very critical that the connections be perfect.

2 this is normal, you can either adjust the volume settings for the system beeps or do the key beep mute mod and remove the "beep files (this will also mute all button presses from the screen)

Thanks for the reply. I did solder the wires and tested the resistance on my multi-meter. The readings were within 148.? for the 150 ohm resistor and 46.? for the 47 ohm resistor. The same readings were on the resistors before I soldered them, the ones I quoted were after the wires were soldered.

I will try what the company said, but I'm not too hopeful that it will resolve the issue. I wonder if they will cover it?

Well I called PAC after trying the programming with the engine on. Now I cannot get the up buttons to program - only the volume down, track down and source buttons work. They sugguest that I test the resistance of the white and interface wires to see that they are getting about 4.5 - 5 volts at rest and lower when pressed.

They also stated that if the unit is defective I would have to deal with the place of purchase as they do not offer a waranty.

This seems hardly worth the trouble....