AVIC411.com

F900BT - Improper brake connection = System Rebooting

What's up guys,

For the last week my F900BT keeps restarting once the car goes in motion. If parked it does not do it, sometimes it does display the error message "The system has detected an improper brake connection" (or something of that effect) and it reboots right away going into a rebooting loop. I've had the system for about 2 years and I did do the soft mod using WindowsCE to edit the file (forgot the name of it) and changed the MPH to something like 150mph so i could access the settings, watch movies, etc while the car was in motion. Never had a problem and never changed anything until now that all over the sudden this started to happend. Going by the error message it sounds like there is an issue with either the file or the parking brake cable (which i never installed from the very beginning so I dont see how this can become the issue 2 years later)...

I also tried updating the firm to 2.006 and that did not do anything. I thought about booting up to WindowsCE once again and see if the file went back to original so i can edit the file again yet i lost the tutorial since this was so long ago and do not remember which file is the on to be edit or where is located.

Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone? if anyone can at least provide me with the link to the guide on how to modify the speed file using the Windows CE SD, I should be able to edit that file again to resolve this problem. I just cant find the page where i got the instructions originally.

Thank you

I have the hard wire bypass which has been working for about a year now. Just lately I have been getting the parking brake error message for no reason. If I'm not moving, you can view a movie and access the directions on the nav. But ounce I go over 15mph those functions become disabled.

But, the strange thing is that it doesn't do it all the time. It's kind of sporadic. Today I popped the deck out and checked the wiring, but didn't find anything. I don't know if it's something internal or what.