AVIC411.com

Changing the warning distance for speedcams?

Does anyone know how to change the beeping distance for speedcams on the F900? It drives me nuts because it starts beeping way before it needs to beep, especially on the smaller roads.

I don't know what the current distance is (European model, Kilometers) but i want it to beep like 300 or 500 meters in advance.

Please help!

Rgrds,

Bento

Does anyone know how to change the beeping distance for speedcams on the F900? It drives me nuts because it starts beeping way before it needs to beep, especially on the smaller roads.

I don't know what the current distance is (European model, Kilometers) but i want it to beep like 300 or 500 meters in advance.

Please help!

Rgrds,

Bento

In SYS.TXT you coulkd try adding/testing these entries in the [warning] section:

approach_beep_distances="8,16,24" ;("8,16,24")

warn_distances="120:600,100:400,80:300,50:100" ;("110:1000,80:800,60:500,40:300") speed:distance

Second one is probably better because it defines a curve that warns you earlier when you drive faster, and later when you drive slower.

Thanks :) Does this involve going into testmode? (never done that). Or can i change a file in the firmware and then flash the unit? Are these KM's, miles, feet?

Oh and what does the first one do (strange units, 8 feet?:P) (approach_beep_distances="8,16,24" ;("8,16,24")?

I don't mind the unit warning me for speedcams at a fixed distance if that is possible.

Thanks :) Does this involve going into testmode? (never done that). Or can i change a file in the firmware and then flash the unit? Are these KM's, miles, feet?

Oh and what does the first one do (strange units, 8 feet?:P) (approach_beep_distances="8,16,24" ;("8,16,24")?

I don't mind the unit warning me for speedcams at a fixed distance if that is possible.

You'll need to get into testmode. Firmware updates do not work with modified files.

The first one... probably some internal measures NNG uses. On the second one, I'd think it would be Km/h:meters from the look of it.

Also, some of the mods you could install let you specify a hardwired warning distance.

• 4 months later...