AVIC411.com

Map Opinion needed

Everyday driving in Chicagoland area and all suburbs, I need to know which to use TA or Navteq. Thanks in advance. Also, I just want to give a general THANK YOU to everyone that contributes to this forum. I did the 3.0 and 3.02 updates today and it went without a hitch!

Download my Chrome Nav mod and you can have both. That way you can decide yourself. both have advantages.

• 2 weeks later...
Everyday driving in Chicagoland area and all suburbs, I need to know which to use TA or Navteq. Thanks in advance. Also, I just want to give a general THANK YOU to everyone that contributes to this forum. I did the 3.0 and 3.02 updates today and it went without a hitch!

In the Chicago area, I've found that teleatlas gives you better coverage regarding speed limit info on most major roads as well as the interstate changes. Navteq primarily shows on some interstates. Teleatlas also shows all sign boards with regards to exits and interstate changes. Navteq only showed interchanges. Plus for navteq is that it appears that newer street info is more current.

You can add either navteq or teleatlas in your map folder without having to use mapchanger. Use only one at a time and keep a backup of the other. Try them both and see which you like better.