AVIC411.com

X920 Navigation Voice Prompts During Bluetooth Call

Just upgraded to 920BT from D3 and am mostly pleased with the improvements above my "old and trusted friend". However, 80% of the time I am in the car, I am on the phone. I frequently use the nav system to route me to my destination. In the D3, I'd gotten accustomed to listening for the voice prompts while driving and then acting accordingly while still able to conduct business over the BTB-200 bluetooth module. It was safe and exceptionally useful.

WIth the move to integrated bluetooth functionality, this ability seems to be gone. I've searched this forum, called my dealer, and even called Pioneer tech support. Everyone is saying that it is no longer possible to have a bluetooth conversation going and still hear voice prompts from the nav system. Unfortunately, this presents a deal breaker scenario for me. As much as I love my ecodrive (used once), musicsphere (promised) and pandora (promised) capability, I MUST be able to talk and navigate at the same time. Are there any hacks/suggestions from this audience? If the new AVIC units offer no hope, are there other recommendations?

In the end, I may end up going "Back to the Future" with the D3 and updated map discs. Odd how that unit had fewer features but better "functionality". The only "miss" on that unit was the abysmal iPod interface. All else I cherished.

Those were good times...

:cry:

you can still navigate while you talk. there just wont be an audible command that will interrupt your phone call.

as far as i know no nav systems with built-in bluetooth will do this. everyone is different but im surprised this would be a deal breaker for you.