AVIC411.com

Gapless Ipod Playback

I am considering an X920BT and I want to connect my 7th gen iPod classic using the CD-IU50V cable. I have a bunch of gapless albums that work fine over the iPod headphone connection and I'm hoping they will play without gaps on the X920BT as well. Does anyone have any experience with iPod gapless playback on the X series headunits? I have read on this board that the audio is sent over analog from the iPod (so gapless should work), but then I read on Crutchfield that the audio is sent digitally (so gapless may or may not work), so I don't know what to think :? Any thoughts? Thanks!

Thanks for your feedback VBlue. I took the plunge and got the X920BT. For anyone who's wondering, I can confirm that iPod gapless playback does work in the configuration mentioned above. There are no clicks, pops, or gaps whatsoever - awesome :D As a side note, I can play DRM encrypted files purchased off of iTunes as well.