AVIC411.com

TMC source

Hi all

Here in Norway we have 2 sources of TMC data.

On my TomTom i could change the source but i cant find out how in my F10BT

is it posible to change source of reception of TMC data ?

It is set to use "NRK" signals but i would much more like to use "Destia" when they have more and much more accurate TMC info.

Cr

Jon

Norway

Although I'am not 100% sure, there seems to be a relation with radio station presets and TMC. My 9110 wouldn't had no TMC at all untill I made a selection of presets of radio stations with TMC present. So you might want to try entering a preset station that transmits the desired TMC info, and then use the TMC settings option to skip the unwanted (nrk) frequencies.

Regards, Skippy2

Maybe have a chat to 34by151. Have a look in the Australian Map update section. One of the mods in his upgrade includes the ability to exclude certain TMC stations. So you could exclude the one you don't want and let it pick up the other.

I'm not sure if this mod was written by him or if he's rolled it in from someone else but he'd be a good person to ask.

Cheers,

Clutrz

The TMC data type is part of the FM data stream transmitted by the radio station.

Pioneer in there wisdom have left out most of the TMC code so you don't get much info. For example the TMC message is jut text it does not do anything

I have finalised the TMC mods for the new hybrid skin and am currently debugging the graphics. Included is the ability to exclude stations and manual tune. In manual mode you just tune to a station either by stepping up/down on the tuner or searching up/down. When you find a station it will search for a TMC data stream. Once if it is not found you get a "No Present" message. Once locked on you get the "TMC Present" message. After that it will change to the the Data type and key details. For here in OZ that will be GNS so you will get a message like GNS (Key present)

Hope that answers your question once released you are welcome to run the new hybrid skin or extract the tmc code. The code is a total rewrite of the OEM code. Include is the above plus,

TMC status icon on screen that shows up if the tmc tuner is present. The states are tuner searching for station, tuner locked on, has events, has events on route and has events on rout that can not be avoided

The options are

Sort events by, road, distance and type

Filter events by all or on route

Audible warning on/off

New event , auto recalc, off and ask

Advanced Recalc and Advanced show, these allow you to turn on/off recalc for each event type as well as hide the tmc sprites on the map by type

TMClist on map, this gives you a scrolling list of tmc events on the map display. You can select how many lines (events) to show, how it is sorted and filtered. IE if you have 2 events selected, on route with the distance sort. You will get a list of the 2 closest events on your route. If you press the box it will take you to the event list. A long press takes you to the event on map scree detailed below

Pressing the TMC status icon will bring up the event list.

From the event list you can jump to settings, change the filter and sort

Pressing an event will bring up the event on the map. You can select to allow, ignore, avoid and unavoid and zoom

If you want to learn more about TMC check out cansecwest_2007.pdf at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traffic_Me ... #Australia to find who that is

Hope that helps

Cheers

34by151

what a nice post :)

1 question tho will it work on the F10BT ?

TMC info is common to all as it s a transmission standard (packet data) as for Mods no as there is not test mode for the F10 as yet

Cheers

34by151