AVIC411.com

Connected iPod right channel audio comes in and out? Help!

So I have a really strange problem that just started occurring. When I have my iPod connected the audio in my front right tweeter and mids goes in and out for a good amount of time in fact. The only way I've found to fix it orginally was to disconnect and reconnect but after awhile that stopped working. I took my system into a Cartoys where I had it installed they told me the system was overloading and I needed a subwoofer (which I don't buy). After a while I decided to buy a new cable installed that and the problem seemed to disappear...until I disconnected by iPod after a week or so and after using it again the problem returned front right speakers audio would stop and come back after awhile. Well I tried with my iPhone to see if it was my iPod and the same problem happened. I don't really know what to do I've never had this kind of an issue with any other pioneer headunit before. Does anyone have this problem or am I all alone on this one?

BTW in desperation I decided to start to blow on the connectors....ya I know but I thought maybe dust in the connector from cheap design maybe? Iono if it helped or not but the problem has come back since I've been blowing out the dust in the connector though it could be just coincidence.

Please HELP!

when you say you did a new cable install, what cable did you use?

I originally had the Pioneer cable installed, had issues with right channel audio disappearing after some time...Replaced with another Pioneer cable(from Pioneer warranty) and worked for awhile, then problem started re-occuring.

Replaced the Pioneer cable with a genuine cable from Apple(6 months ago) and problem has not occurred since.

Every time this comes up we go through the same discussion, the audio from the ipod is analog and goes through a number of connections, it can be any ONE of the 6 possible connections times 2x for stereo so for every "my ipod has a channel that goes in and out" there are are 12 different points that could have an issue.

Do yourself a favor and read the other threads on this subject to get an understanding of how many connections are involved, and that will help you troubleshoot this in the future.

• 1 month later...

Actually your right it has something to do with the pins on the connector but you don't need to understand "why" something doesn't work. So instead of doing what you suggest which is pointless I replaced the cable with the Apple branded cable which has worked flawless since. Simple problem simple solution no need for silly pin connector fixes that's just dumb :).