AVIC411.com

Slow backup camera response on F90BT

Hi all,

I just installed the 3.0 update and was happy that it restored my TTS voices (2.006 wiped them) and I do like the new maps and touch screen response time.

However, I was hoping that my backup camera signal would happen faster than it is. Currently it takes about 5 seconds after full boot to display the reverse image, one second of that seems to result from the warning message that the images will be reversed.

I have everything hooked up right but I wonder if this is typical for the F90BT on the 3.0 software? My thought is the resistor is slowing down the signal.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks..

I had the same problem with my unit. Its just something your probably going to have to deal with.

Thanks VBlue. I really wonder if it has something do do wtih the resistor that's on the reverse signal wire? I am not sure if the resistor value is large enough to delay the signal from reaching the head unit or if it is just limiting the current?

Overall I'm happy with the F90BT but things like this are making me seriously consider the new Kenwodd 9960. I saw a demo vid of it and the backup camera is lightning fast and can be configured to take up a portion of the screen along side the navi. Cool.

Thanks VBlue. I really wonder if it has something do do wtih the resistor that's on the reverse signal wire? I am not sure if the resistor value is large enough to delay the signal from reaching the head unit or if it is just limiting the current?

When I had my unit, the camera was inconsistent. Sometimes it wouldn't even display at all. The software that powers the F series is just crap. I think this is just one of the many issues that series of units has.

Overall I'm happy with the F90BT but things like this are making me seriously consider the new Kenwodd 9960. I saw a demo vid of it and the backup camera is lightning fast and can be configured to take up a portion of the screen along side the navi. Cool.

Yea I did those vids. The 9960 is a dream of a unit. The best I have ever owned. Not perfect, but pretty damn close.

I have two cars so I'm thinking of getting a navi for the 2nd one. I hardly ever drive it but I really want blue tooth and for my iPhone to charge so I'm debating if I should get the kenwood or another pioneer.

The trick is to put the new unit in the lesser used car with the much better sound system (amps, speakers, sub) or in my daily driver with the factory amp and speakers.

I have to say I really like the 3.0 upgrade but certian things like the backup camera delay make the function usless.

• 5 months later...