AVIC411.com

Two AVIC-F500BT problems please help

Hey guys,

Im a newbie here but ive done a lot of reading on this forum and other research and cannot figure out these problems.

Problem 1

I have a Avic F500bt. Ive made it into a custom in dash unit with brackets from behind which i will post pics of once i wire it, but I cant figure out why my audio is not coming out of the speakers. Im using a Pioneer DEH-4000ub head unit. I have a full system with amps so I can't use the amp that pioneer offers. So instead I am using the CD-RB10 cable. I have an RCA connection to 3.5 jack that goes to a coupler and from that I have the 3.5 audio jack that comes from the F500BT harness. I have set my AUX to AUX 2 because thats what my Head unit manual states to do. Now with all this, when I get a phone call, I dont get sound from my speakers. I have a microphone hooked up which i can talk through that works but no sound from speakers. How do I get sound?

Problem 2

Since i made a custom bracket the mini usb for the USB cable wouldnt fit in the unit. So i decided to bend it straight. After I bend it I hooked up a USB drive to the female USB and the Drive wouldn't show up on the F500bt. SO i thought maybe since i bent it that it doesnt work now. So I went and purchased a mini USB to USB wire and used a female to female coupler to connect the USB Flash disk and it still doesn't show up on the F500bt screen. I also connected an Ipod to the USB and that doesn't even show up. I know Pioneer has an Ipod cable for the unit do I have to use that in order for the F500BT to recognize it? What do I do so it recognizes the USB Flash Drive. Please help.

THanks.

Hi,

Just some ideas in case all the wires are OK:

PROBLEM 1:

Menu - system setup - Output: Intermediate (Integrated will not send any sound to the jack)

volume: rotate the wheel to teh maximum

Menu - Nav System setup - Sounds - Volume Level: take it to maximum (this is the output level, it is strange that it is inside the GPS menu).

PROBLEM 2:

Format the USB as Fat32 with 32 cluster size

Concerning the IPOd, sorry but I don't have an IPOD. I guess you will need the cable.

The System will only show the USB if it is fed with 5V (not when operating with the battery).

Hope this helps