AVIC411.com

Noise Cancelling Microphone?

Since I updated my Z1 with the new ISO (just what -- 2 weeks old?) and moved the audio to only output through my left speaker the echo is gone or very very minimal. However, people complain that there is a lot of noise as I am driving. Sure I am in a car, I know that. They say that it sounds like you're outside in a windy area. I was wondering if anyone has thought (or attempted) to install a noise canceling microphone in-place of the cheap Pioneer mic?

That's a good idea! Maybe someone would be willing to give it a try. Pioneer should just come out with one (noise cancellation) and make everybody happy. Are you sure it's suggested to have audio output on the LEFT speaker which is on the same side the microphone is? I'm just curious because I get my Avic Z1 with BT installed tmrw morning.

That's a good idea! Maybe someone would be willing to give it a try. Pioneer should just come out with one (noise cancellation) and make everybody happy. Are you sure it's suggested to have audio output on the LEFT speaker which is on the same side the microphone is? I'm just curious because I get my Avic Z1 with BT installed tmrw morning.

You may want to play with it a bit... People posted about the L speaker, but shit man, i think it's a crapshoot.

The plug for the mic is a standard mini-stereo plug. If you have a really good mic it would be a good thing to test. I only have this one, so oh well.

• 2 weeks later...