AVIC411.com

D2 or D3 vs. f700bt

I was buying an F700BT from ebay and got stiffed by the seller (after spending the money). While looking for another unit, I noticed the pricing on the D2 and D3 units is comparible and the screen appears larger. Are these units pretty much the same as the F700BT? I have a Cadillac Escalade and am really looking forward to in-dash nav along with back-up camera...

• 1 month later...

there is a big difference between the two, the F-series does not use map disc, maps are stored internally.

the F-700 does not play DVD's, the D3 does

the F-series has a better ipod interface, and can play video's with out having to touch the ipod.

the F-series has voice recognition (you tell it what you want to play and it does)

the F-series has bluetooth built in, the D3 you have to buy an extra module to make it work.

the D3 boots up faster

the F700 runs windows and can be hacked and customized

the f700 runs windows and has many bugs (hop on over to the f-series side and check them out)

the F700 does not have a video out so you can not hook up extra monitors (the F900 & the D3 does)

the F00 does not have any moving parts in the screen the D3 does, this one is a little tricky, the moving face means that the disc slot fits in behind the face allowing the screen to be bigger but also more prone to breaking (the more moving parts = the bigger risk that something will break)