AVIC411.com

No Turn By Turn Directions

Hi everyone,

I recently installed the AVIC-Z110BT in my Chevy Tahoe and everything works great except part of the Nav system... Whenever I enter any information, whether it's a POI, address or just scroll to a location, the route is calculated as a single road with no turns (yellow maneuver points), so I'm getting no turn by turn directions. I've looked on this forum to see if anyone else has had this issue and couldn't find any similar problems. If I touch route overview however it shows all the turns that SHOULD happen but doesn't relay it onto the map while moving... I did do the Bypass and I'm wondering if that has something to do with it since it reads Park Brake applied in the connection status screen... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

First of all the bypass has nothing to do with it. Second what your describing doesn't make sense to me. Are you saying that the unit drives you in a straight line through forrest, buildings, lakes and rivers? Be a little more specific on what your trying to convey.

No it does not drive in a straight line. It will calculate a route properly but it does not list the turns on the route. The turns are excluded from the calculated route so the nav system doesn't tell me when there is one coming up. In the manual they are called "Maneuvers" but even with that option turned on they still don't show up. Hopefully that makes a bit more sense.

There's nothing displayed at the top left... And the bar at the top only shows the road that the final destination is on. I have driven the route that i've entered but it doesn't tell me turns. I have to look at the map and follow the line.

Turns out, after speaking with Pioneer, that in some areas the turn by turn Nav doesn't work... So it looks like i'm going to have to get a different brand, maybe Kenwood, which has a Garmin system on it that I know works in Northern Canada. Thanks for your help.