AVIC411.com

Steering Wheel Remote et al X920BT

Hey, I would love to find a button or something that I could put on my steering wheel that would replace the VR button on the Nav or at least answer phone calls when they come in.

From what I hear the MusicShere, Pandora and AVIC Feeds are not available for the X920BT yet.

D.

There is info on this forum that will answer your questions.

Hey VBLUE,

I spent a long time looking for the posts related to the steering wheel buttons I was referring to. Maybe I should have been a little more clear. My question was... is there a way to add "third party" buttons to your steering wheel that will work in conjunction with your factory steering wheel controls? I understand that you can program the "PAC-SWI-PS" to change your existing steering wheel buttons to control VR, call pick up and call hang up but I can only give up 1 of the factory buttons (I have vol up/down, track up/down, mute and mode)...mode is the only one I can switch but it still leaves me short.

I have attached a photo of the example I am talking about. These buttons are not third party buttons but it would be great if you could buy these and put them on your steering wheel and connect them to the PAC-SWI-PS at the same time to control everything without giving up any factory controls.

Does this make sense???

Thanks,

D.

IMG_0126.jpg

Well...

I found this Pioneer remote CD-SR1. I don't know if it will work with the AVIC-X920BT AND I'm not a big fan of attaching a round remote to the wheel with straps but it is an option if it will work and also keep my factory controls.

I wonder how that is connected to the PAC-SWI-PS??

298177924CD-SR1_medH.jpg

BojKUMQmkKGrHgoOKiEjlLmI81IBLn5d2jr.jpg

Well...

I found this Pioneer remote CD-SR1. I don't know if it will work with the AVIC-X920BT AND I'm not a big fan of attaching a round remote to the wheel with straps but it is an option if it will work and also keep my factory controls.

I wonder how that is connected to the PAC-SWI-PS??

298177924CD-SR1_medH.jpg

BojKUMQmkKGrHgoOKiEjlLmI81IBLn5d2jr.jpg

Non of the newer navis from Pioneer will support a wireless remote on their own. And that remote wont work with the SWI-PS. It will however work with the WRI-P as the thread I created and stickied in the General forum suggest.

There is info on this forum that will answer your questions.

Hey VBLUE,

I spent a long time looking for the posts related to the steering wheel buttons I was referring to. Maybe I should have been a little more clear. My question was... is there a way to add "third party" buttons to your steering wheel that will work in conjunction with your factory steering wheel controls? I understand that you can program the "PAC-SWI-PS" to change your existing steering wheel buttons to control VR, call pick up and call hang up but I can only give up 1 of the factory buttons (I have vol up/down, track up/down, mute and mode)...mode is the only one I can switch but it still leaves me short.

I have attached a photo of the example I am talking about. These buttons are not third party buttons but it would be great if you could buy these and put them on your steering wheel and connect them to the PAC-SWI-PS at the same time to control everything without giving up any factory controls.

Does this make sense???

Thanks,

D.

IMG_0126.jpg

There is going to be no way that I know of to do what you are wanting to do. The wireless remote/WRI-P is an option but I think you have enough buttons to do the job. If it were me, I would use the SWI-PS to program the MODE button for VR and the MUTE button to CAll PICKUP. Sense you can program any button on the steering wheel to any function on the SWI-PS, its up to you.

• 10 months later...

thread is a little old....but was curious if this remote will scroll through the menus when selecting a song???

i find it rather annoying when I'm driving down the road and a small bump causes me to hit the wrong selection and such. :(

just curious as i do have the steering wheel controls but would like to be able to do this. and it would add a convenience to my passengers in the back seat X_X