AVIC411.com

Z110BT v. X920BT

Hey,

I am trying to decide what unit to buy...

I found a Z110BT for 650 new on craigslist. This is a good deal and I know I can update to the new Z120BT software when it drops for about 200.

But I also see the X920BT on amazon for 760ish. Would it make sense to buy the 920 which has the new software or is having the z series a much better unit.

Thanks.

Yea leaning that way.

Can get the 920 from al-eds for 750 shipped and full one year warranty, the other should have a warranty but more risky..

Do they typically have a lot of problems?

How much do you think the update will be?

Also, is there any hardware (ie ram, graphics, etc) differences between the two that would make one more attractive in the long run?

Thanks.

I pulled the trigger and got the Z110BT from crutchfield today!

Got a good deal on scratch and dent with free install accessories putting it 80ish more than the 920. PLus I got crutchfield backing me in case anything goes south..

Gonna try to install this weekend if it comes in in time then will post how it works. Looking forward to the software update.

Dual zone av, 4amp pre-outs instead of 2.4, couple extra EQ settings, and the screen tilts to make it easier to touch/view if it's mounted low in your dash.

The bigger screen is the real reason to get it or not, if you don't care about that you probably aren't gonna care about the rest either, especially for what is a $350-400 price difference right now. Also I'm pretty sure Al-Eds is now shipping the z120BT for $1099 w/ the coupon in this forum, so unless you can get a *killer* deal on a z110 I'd go with that - if you are set on that model, anyway. Who knows when Pioneer will actually release the map update for the 110, could be end of summer or later for all we know.