AVIC411.com

So I've had the unit installed in my car for about a month after three months of having the unit sit on my floor cause I had to order special parts for my install.

This morning my iPhone 3GS suddenly would not connect to the iPod interface, it was greyed out and not set in the iPod control mode. I cleaned out the connecter and it made no difference. I figured I would solve the issue later, I wasn't to worried because I could listen to XM. Anyways, tonight I went out with my girlfriend and the unit started to freeze up at the home screen. I decided to reset the unit using the "reset" and "erase user data" options at startup but it's still freezing up once I go to the home screen or try to access the settings. There's no response from the screen although the volume, tilt/eject functions work and the navigation screen works at startup.

I have to say I'm seriously unimpressed by the unit at the moment. Does anyone have anything else I can try before I have to call Pioneer and request a replacement? Is there anyway to obtain the software for this unit so it can be reloaded? I have a feeling that it's the software that failed not the hardware. I had serious concerns about going with a Windows based device from the start and I'm starting to wish I'd order the stock OEM Audi Navigation unit instead.

Thanks for any suggestions or help on this matter.

Pioneer will not replace it but they will require you to send it in for servicing. It certainly sounds like it is faulty.

I've played around with the unit a bit more and it's a software issue. Is there anyway of getting an Authorized dealer to reload the software on the unit? I know my brother had a similar issue with his Pioneer and he was able to find the software he needed. He reloaded the software on the unit and all was well. I really don't want to have to pull the unit from my car and wait three weeks because of a stupid software issue. Is it possible to ask Pioneer to send an SD Card with the software on it?

Pioneer will not replace it but they will require you to send it in for servicing. It certainly sounds like it is faulty.

Is there anyway of getting an Authorized dealer to reload the software on the unit? Is it possible to ask Pioneer to send an SD Card with the software on it?

No. Your going to have to send it in.