AVIC411.com

F700BT Bluetooth "not found" can't sw upgrade...

Okay so I have the F700BT. After my wife's car battery died we replaced it and ever since the bluetooth didn't work. We were running 2.X at the time. I saw 3.0 and "3.1" were out so I upgraded to that thinking it might fix the issue:

I used this image:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=32351

Upgrade went fantastically, great instructions provided.

Afterwards the bluetooth still didn't work but now, if I cycle the bluetooth "off" a windows error dialog says "tel.exe throw an fatal exception" or something similar. If I try to cycle it on, the same message comes up but then the device auto reboots itself.

In the "bluetooth software upgrade" it says "not found".

Even getting into the phone area is difficult, often having to wait a long time after all other functions work (3-4 minutes after boot up) and clicking multiple times on the phone button on the main menu, nothing happens.

I have searched and found a few posts with similar issues.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24985&p=207818&hilit=bluetooth+f700bt#p207818

I tried this suggestion but the software upgrade button is not enabled.... (whether I have the bluetooth option on or off)

Kind of at a stand still. All other features of the system work great. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...