AVIC411.com

New Z110BT owner here!!! :D

Just got my second AVIC. I'm upgrading from a D3 (which I actually just got less than 2 months ago lol) to a z110bt that I got from ebay for 750. I could not pass up a deal like that. Warrant or rebate or not. Now I kinda just started reading about the upgrade to z120bt. With the kind of savings that I just got I would not mind upgrading if it's software related. If it's HW I will still do it just not right now lol.

Yer gonna get piled on with the "search" responses.

1) It's software --- to the tune of $200 if that post on those 2 threads was right

2) The iPod changes will annoy you, everything else will wow you

(what iPod changes? no instant music, doesn't pause when on bluetooth, only mutes)

I didn't notice a local bypass wasn't on the maps until a week ago so I didn't get to submitting the trouble-ticket before the maps were final (d'oh) . . . otherwise the 2009 maps were pretty accurate for my area.

BTW, the D3 learns faster --- I'm still at 1700 miles and the 3d and distance aren't full up, and it's still a little dodgy with offramps etc.

Not really, I've just stopped wasting the effort of telling people to search.

I don't even try to help them anymore. Saves me time and finger-strain.

You'll come back, they always do :D

Seriously though, I tried tricking out all the board options and I can see why people get frustrated and don't bother.

I've actually discovered it's easier to read all of the threads on the first page of topics . . . you pick up more info than just searching; most of which you didn't even know you wanted to know.

If search was more user friendly maybe more ppl would read through the searches. I was not really asking ppl how to upgrade or anything like that. I am merely making a few comments.

Unlike new forum users I know how to search and I did read the thread about the z1120bt.

If search was more user friendly maybe more ppl would read through the searches. I was not really asking ppl how to upgrade or anything like that. I am merely making a few comments.

Unlike new forum users I know how to search and I did read the thread about the z1120bt.

If you knew how to search you would already know a ton about the 120 upgrade since it's been covered ad nauseum.

Anyway.... Lets not get this this thread derailed. At any rate I'm happy to be joining the ranks of others who have got this unit. If I get it wed I am gonna try and install it myself. I pretty much installed my D3 (I did take it to the shop to have the wires ran for my sub and stuff) It's much easier to have then run the wires for me since the vehicle was pretty much new to me when I had the wire ran. I have been working to many hours and (73 a week) and wed is my last day of vaca :(