AVIC411.com

2 wire bypass - Help Ducatiboy!!

i've opened a can of worms since installing the upgrade disk. i pulled my stereo out to hook up the 2 wire bypass as per the instructions on Sminntech. After pulling it out i see there is no plug into connector 2, only into the power supply in the opposite corner and out of connector 1. the connector 1 plug goes through a black box (Toyota told me this was to convert the digital signal?). It comes out of the black box and out to the speakers and other connections. The sticker on mine says it is a May 06 model, does this mean i'm SOL on the 2 wire bypass? or is there some goofy setup i have to deal with? i'm attaching some pics of the wiring however they're not too clear because of the massive amounts of wires coming out. If you can help me make sense of this, or need clearer pics to help, let me know. thanks

post-1744-12872751368327_thumb.jpg

post-1744-12872751369132_thumb.jpg

post-1744-12872751369839_thumb.jpg

i've opened a can of worms since installing the upgrade disk.

Stuff like this must be the reason I'm still selling my circuits. :)

i pulled my stereo out to hook up the 2 wire bypass as per the instructions on Sminntech. After pulling it out i see there is no plug into connector 2,

This is your main problem. Who ever installed your Z1 should have given you connector 2.

only into the power supply in the opposite corner and out of connector 1. the connector 1 plug goes through a black box (Toyota told me this was to convert the digital signal?). It comes out of the black box and out to the speakers and other connections. The sticker on mine says it is a May 06 model, does this mean i'm SOL on the 2 wire bypass? or is there some goofy setup i have to deal with? i'm attaching some pics of the wiring however they're not too clear because of the massive amounts of wires coming out. If you can help me make sense of this, or need clearer pics to help, let me know. thanks

Those first 2 pictures have nothing to do with the bypass, just the Z1's interface into your vehicle.

What you need is connector 2 (the physical connector). Then disconnect the light green parking brake wire from what ever it's connected to (parking brake) and then ground it... connect it to the ground wire (black) on the power connector. Then you need to take one of the wires out of one of the positions in connector 2 and move it to the one I say, then ground it.

You only have to work with the Z1's connectors, not that other black box (TYTO-01) used to interface with the vehicles system.

You need to get connector 2 and modify it, by moving one of the wires from it's current location to this one:

avicz1newbypass.jpg

Then you want to do this:

post-94-12872751370483_thumb.jpg

i had an electronics buddy build a single jack to plug onto the single pin in connector 2, going to try it this afternoon.

If you can't get connector 2 then this will be the best solution, but you need to make sure the single pin terminal he used is for the same diameter pin in the Z1. If it's too small, it won't fit and if it's for a pin that's larger, it might not make good contact and/or slip off while driving.

Once you do that, if everything is enabled, that's good. If you don't have access, then it's the parking brake sense wire which is not grounded. If after 50-100 miles you get a warning about your parking brake not being hooked up right, that pin your buddy made you isn't making good contact. But you might not know for many miles. If you put that wire on that pin and it doesn't make contact at all, it could be dozens of miles before the z1 will tell you about it.... just FYI.

But I hope that works for you and you don't have any issues like this.