AVIC411.com

Will my Navigator back up assist work with Z110BT?

How does the back up assist work on it (I know how back up assists work, I mean specifically on your vehicle). Is it the sonar kind that just beeps when you get close to something? Usually those are routed to their own little speaker. If yours is integrated in any way in to your stock OEM system you'll have to figure out how to make the correct electrical connections yourself, or pay a pretty good installer to do it for you; you aren't going to find an adapter that'll do it. In other words, it isn't going to be worth the trouble.

The Z supports a back-up camera, you know. Probably cheaper to just buy and install that and as a bonus it's better than a back up sensor anyway.

Backup cam would probably be easier. Anyway, you have 3 (maybe two) wires to look for.

First, find out where the sonar controller is. I have no idea in the Navigator; in the Nissan Titan it's in the lower driver dash.

Next determine if it's really going through the OEM speakers, or if it has it's own speaker/beeper and simply sends a mute command to the actual OEM stereo. I strongly suspect it's the latter if there's even a separate unit at all. They could have integrated the Sonar unit right in to the OEM HU itself in which case you are out of luck.

Probably be easier to run a backup cam :) I bet even if there was a way to make it work you'll spend more time wiring and screwing around with that then you will a camera.