AVIC411.com

A newb trying to do the software bypass

Hey guys,

I'm a total newb when it comes to these things, so forgive me for the questions I'm about to ask :)

I've got the EU Avic-F500BT installed in-dash on my car with the latest 3.020200 firmware installed from Pioneer's website without any modifications. I'd like to get the software bypass working on my unit.

Now this is where the problem is for me. Because I have already installed the latest firmware to the unit, I cannot reupdate it with the modified .ini-file where I changed the parking_break_speed value to 128.

So, how can I reupdate the unit with the modified .ini-file? Does it have something to do with the testmode?

Or should I just press the reset button from the back of the unit and reupdate the modified firmware? Or does reseting the unit even reset the firmware?

Also, how is it possible to get access to the files of the actual unit as in the guide of this topic viewtopic.php?p=135213 . When I hook up the unit to the computer via USB, my comp won't recognize it. I was just thinking of doing backups in case I screw something up :)

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me with this, I've tried searching the forum a lot but I guess my questions are too stupid :) Thanks in advance!

Thanks for all the answers! I got it figured out already. I was really confused with all the information in the hardware bypass thread, but all I had to do was to tap the light green wire to the black ground wire! Now I'm able to watch video while in motion and everything. I dunno if it's easier for us with the EU units. I didn't have to do anything to the software either.

Thanks for all the advice!

Now, if only there was a solution to avoid the error/freeze with F500BT when turning off ignition with a flash drive in the USB I'd be a happy man.

And this is really off-topic now, but here goes nothing: I replaced my factory stereo/radio with F500BT installed in-dash and F500BT doesn't have an integrated radio. What would be the easiest way to get an FM transmitter with the F500BT + its amp (ND-G500)? Would somekind of USB FM transmitter work? Or a cell phone with radio connected through USB? As you can see, I'm a bit of a noob with these things. :)