AVIC411.com

Attempted Theft and now its time to fix....

Well here's the story.

I recently recieved an N2 from someone who isnt really car audio inclined, one that I removed from his BMW that someone tried to steal. Basically the screen was left up and someone tried to steal it and pulled the screen right out of the unit and got spooked and ran off, leaving the screen and the ribbon torn out.

Well Ive got it all taken apart, the unit part anyways, and I was just curious if anyone knew what kind of glue Pioneer uses to hold the ribbon cable down to the cover that shields the DVD player itself. Any substitutes anyone can think of? Just so I dont damage the new ribbon cable that im going to order. I think the Model number for the part is GXX1257, if someone could confirm. **Pics if needed.

Just curious because I want to get this thing fixed so I can throw it in my dads truck. My N3 is working perfectly, no need to step down ;]

Ohh and curious if anyone has taken apart the screen itself, Just so I can get the ribbon cable out to replace.

Deff a big help guys thanks. I actually sat for a few more minutes here and got it out without the tutorial but its always good to have anyways.

Is that the model number for the part though? Just curious, theres no real description on their site and i dont want to pay 40 bucks for a bag of screws haha.

the part includes the ribbon cable, a new cover (the thing you were talking about), a flex sticker and plastic cover.

As far as the glue, the ribbon cable comes pre-glued. All you have to do is take off paper cover. It's just like applying a bumper sticker.

Also, since the screen was pulled completley off, you are going to have to fix the flip switch.

Here is a good tutorial on what it is and how to do it: http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1651