AVIC411.com

New guy here. A few questions.

Hello. I have been reading here for a week while my Z1 was being installed. I am not by any means a "audio/video" expert. I am your basic novice. After searching and getting more confused, here are my questions..

-Can you bypass the message I get saying the park brake is not hooked up properly? I had my guy set it up so I wan watch DVD's while driving.

-Can you bypass the Nav accpet warning?

-Is there just a basic power switch to turn the unit on and off?

During my search, it appears all the bypass threads are abreviated. I am confused as to which bypass they pertain to. Thanks for any help!

Hello. I have been reading here for a week while my Z1 was being installed. I am not by any means a "audio/video" expert. I am your basic novice. After searching and getting more confused, here are my questions..

-Can you bypass the message I get saying the park brake is not hooked up properly?

Yes, when hooked up properly this message will never show up.

I had my guy set it up so I wan watch DVD's while driving.

If he did and you are getting that message then he didn't hook it up right.

You need to find out when the Z1 you have was made and that will tell you how to bypass it. If it's Mid July or older, flash the headlights or buy my circuit. If it's mid July or newer, then use the 07/06 bypass instructions on this site:

http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html

-Can you bypass the Nav accpet warning?

No.

-Is there just a basic power switch to turn the unit on and off?

No, when the car is on, it's on. You can make it not play music and be quiet, but it won't be "off". The speakers will just be off.

During my search, it appears all the bypass threads are abreviated. I am confused as to which bypass they pertain to. Thanks for any help!

I'm not sure what your guy did when he installed it, but if you are getting the parking brake message it's not done right.

Yep. Sept. 06

I will call him tomorrow. I suppose he wired it wrong. Much appreciated my friend! Should I show him the update?

use the 07/06 bypass instructions on this site:

http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html

He most likely missed the connector 2 wire. If he does that reset the system with the recessed button to the right of the eject button and that parking brake message will go away and you will be good to go.

The update?

If you don't use bluetooth I wouldn't even think about it. If you do and notice an echo, you can try it, but you update your Z1 at your own risk. most people had no problem, but it messed mine up the first time and I had to restore my hard drive from a backup.