AVIC411.com

avic f90bt endless reboot troubleshoot?

I know there are other threads on this issue but had a question about troubleshooting the problem. I had no problems but it first started when I put in the SD (with music). It locked up and started the endless reboot. Now when I have it in park it works perfectly fine. When I take off and drive after I hit 20-30mph it reboots. I just put my old AV unit back in.

Yesterday I decided to mess with it so I installed everything again. I have the green and black wires connected with the yellow to bypass the brake/video issue. Same issues. So I pulled out the gps anttenna and it works and doesn't reboot. Anyone have any idea what's the problem? Apparently it's something with the gps/map software? What's the latest software update? Or the latest winME?

I'm downloading 3.1 /2009 map updates and going to install it and see what happens. Any help/feedback would be appreciated!

Ok. New problem. I downloaded the FX 3.1 update (torrent). Followed these directions (below).. and now after the reboot it says "program application database can't be found." Need some help here. Thanks!

-----

Okay so what I've done is simple, I took what I considered to be the basic mods that would be appealing to almost everyone, without drastically changing the look and feel of the system.

This download contains:

Windows CE 6 firmware

X Series 3.0201 update

Complete TA 2009.6 Map Upgrade (USA & Canada)

No nag screens

POI Branding

Speed camera/red light mod

Software speed bypass

You need only a single SD card, at least 2gb in size. Copy the entire contents of the RAR file to the root of SD card.

1. Insert SD card into AVIC and turn it on.

2. When the pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the menu, map, eject and the reset buttons at the same time. When you hear a pop sound from your speakers, let go of the eject button but continue to hold menu, map, and eject buttons. This will bring you to a blue screen, telling you to reset the unit (ignore this), you will have to enter the service combination. Press the volume knob in this sequence and you will see * signs for each push: Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right.

3. Select Wince Upgrade

4. Select Update SD Format

5. Wait until it says restart in the bottom center. Reset the unit and leave the SD card in.

6. You should be greeted with testmode (It will look very similar to normal windows). Open Explorer and copy the contents of the "My Flash Drive" Folder from the SD card to the "My Flash Drive" that is located on the unit. Overwrite everything. (It will the copying will take 140min but will only take about 20)

7. Press and hold reset for 5 seconds.

8. Select your language and voice options.

9. Enjoy FX3.1 :)

Tested on AVIC-f90bt. 05/08/10

Cwolfey: Thanks. I went back and found the original thread about this torrent and re-did the directions. I finally got it installed but when it reset it said map software was out of date. (I bought it with 3.0 installed) Nothing worked, I could not get past the first screen. This is really frustrating!

rjeanpiere: read above. I'm going to try to work on it again this weekend.

I found the 1 & 2 disks on torrent but I need a Media Number from the Navigation Software packaging. Anyone know where to get that? It's apparently on the back of the SD disk but I got the torrent file.

Went in and re-did the FX3.1. I think what happened the first time was that WINCE did not install right. I then copied and pasted everything and it had a no system in it. Then I installed the WINCE, then it gave me the maps are out of date..

I redid it inthe order you are suppose to do it ...the WINCE update, then copying the files (my flash disk)..

It works perfectly and seems to work better. Finally!

rjeanpiere: Just download or google: FX3.1 + torrent. (http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5546342/)

Follow the directions and it should fix and update everything.

• 2 weeks later...

hey. i bought a used avic-f700bt from ebay. when i installed it, it is stuck on the settings menu. i am unable to do anything with it. will this fix the issue? also where can i find the winceimg.csk file? if the firmware of my unit is older than 3.1 will this work?

thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Was this ever answered or fixed? I want to run this but must have my maps and music!!! Plus I am hoping it will help me with my iPhone issues that started this morning. Whenever my iPhone (with ios4) is connected to my F90BT the unit just reboots.

HELP!!!

Ok. New problem. I downloaded the FX 3.1 update (torrent). Followed these directions (below).. and now after the reboot it says "program application database can't be found." Need some help here. Thanks!

-----

Okay so what I've done is simple, I took what I considered to be the basic mods that would be appealing to almost everyone, without drastically changing the look and feel of the system.

This download contains:

Windows CE 6 firmware

X Series 3.0201 update

No nag screens

POI Branding

Software speed bypass

You need only a single SD card, at least 2gb in size. Copy the entire contents of the RAR file to the root of SD card.

2. When the pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the menu, map, eject and the reset buttons at the same time. When you hear a pop sound from your speakers, let go of the eject button but continue to hold menu, map, and eject buttons. This will bring you to a blue screen, telling you to reset the unit (ignore this), you will have to enter the service combination. Press the volume knob in this sequence and you will see * signs for each push: Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right.

3. Select Wince Upgrade

5. Wait until it says restart in the bottom center. Reset the unit and leave the SD card in.

6. You should be greeted with testmode (It will look very similar to normal windows). Open Explorer and copy the contents of the "My Flash Drive" Folder from the SD card to the "My Flash Drive" that is located on the unit. Overwrite everything. (It will the copying will take 140min but will only take about 20)

Was this ever answered or fixed? I want to run this but must have my maps and music!!! Plus I am hoping it will help me with my iPhone issues that started this morning. Whenever my iPhone (with ios4) is connected to my F90BT the unit just reboots.

HELP!!!

FX3.1 worked fine, for everyone who followed the instructions in that thread correctly.

It's been suggested as a possible fix for anyone with OS corruption, etc. If you aren't having problems now with the OS itself (iPhone issue notwithstanding), you shouldn't have any problem installing FX3.1, as long as you follow the instructions from Retell.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Reboot issue here as well for the F90BT. Started happening 3 days ago when trying to enter an address for gps routing. Have stared at and attempted reboot fix a number of times without success.

Trouble loading testmode. Loaded the testmode files onto a flash (2.0 GB) and have pressed combos (reset and load button (disk) @ same time, releasing reset, holding load until lights start to "breath").

Goes to system start up screen and not CE screen. If I could get to the CE screen, this might help me follow the post instructions but for some reason I can't get there.

Questions:

1. Is there a different way to load to the CE screen other than holding reset and load buttons at same time? I see above that a 4 button method might work. Will try this later today.

2. I have the testmode files on the sd card as folders (testmode and something else it was donwloaded as). Should I be installing the files within these folders to the sd card instead or leave the 2 folders?

3. The other possibly important things is that I was running the latest version of the update and during my frustration, I selected "reset to factory default" within system or GPS preferences. Now I have an address in Los Angeles showing on my map when selecting map and the GPS doesn't re-orient itself to my present location. Is this happening with others as well? GPS signal flashes with three bars and doesn't acquire a signal.

4. Everything else seems to work (phone; dvd - haven't tried ipod)

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. My main questions center around #1&2 as I simply can't find a way to get into testmode. Waiting it for it to load doesn't produce results and maybe I have the files on the flash wrong.

This should help Click here

This is madness. Plugging in a USB? I don't have the slot. I'm guessing I need to purchase an adapter as I have the adapter/cord connected to my ipod in my glove compartment. This is driving me crazy. Why do I feel like I need to learn how to solder to figure this out? And I'm relatively comfortable with technology/computers!

Silly question but this wouldn't be related to a tire install I had done just prior to the unit rebooting? Back tires, parking brake on (obviously), jacked from the rear slightly. I was right there, process took minutes and I didn't notice anyone inside the car or messing with electrical. Took it to my BMW service spot and asked them (as I advised them about the reboot immediately following tire install) if they could see any damage/issues underneath the car; they didn't see anything.

Anyways, just wanted to throw this out there to get thoughts re: parking brake (as I read that is an issue with grounding) or tilt when performing install. Would likely be rampant oer others if this is what could have caused it but curious to know if parking brake movement/tilt of car could have caused anything. Thanks in advance for any yes/no's

• 4 years later...

-----

This download contains:

Windows CE 6 firmware

X Series 3.0201 update

No nag screens

POI Branding

Software speed bypass

3. Select Wince Upgrade

this update fixed all probelms I had with unit, now it works like brand new or better, how ever there is a little bit more to it for it to work thats not explained.

you'll have to un zip rar file, I did it directly to my SD card, once you've done that it'll show one folder, open that which will bring you to all the files and folders needed, copy/cut them and paste them out of that folder and delete that folder, now it will work like a charm.

I have alredy done all the work so if anyone is interested shoot me a pm and I'll send it.