AVIC411.com

Hi and thanks for a great site. I learned alot tonight that I never knew my N1 can do; however, I do have a problem. When I have my nav disc in, I cant access anything as far as putting in an address, poi search etc. All I have is my home, and saved location lists. Sometimes when I eject the disc and reinsert it, the problem is gone until I shut the truck off and restert it. The problem reoccurs. I tried my 40 MT disc 1.1 and 1.2 but both do the same thing. I just won a 50 MT disc off ebay. I hope this cures the problem. I also came across this and I am waiting for the seller to email me the info.

[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9724798539&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... L:RTQ:US:1[/url]

Does anybody know how to acess this menu. It basically looks like a menu that Pioneer would use for troubleshooting or rebooting if needed.
found it, from 12volt

[b]steps to flash back the n1 software follows:
Please note, I do not take responsibility if you mess up your nav system. (when the nav is flashing the firmware, make sure theres no power outtage, etc.)

HOLD Eject, Press Reset button.
Screen will go in, and come back out with a black screen and a message about pressing the reset button.
you can releae the Eject button.
now enter the code using your joystick (the control on the right) push UP, Right, UP, Right, Down, Right, Down, Right, then Press in the joystick.

Now you should be in the menu, theres 3 pages of options, the 2nd page should have the option of force flash.

I forgot about what I did.. but I reset the memory, reset whatever info.. which shouldn't be necessary.

Please note that you'll need a remote to have it start programming/flashing procedure. for the voice command steering wheel remote, its the button on the lower left.

[/b]
No. Its not holding the settings. They will hold if I shut the truck off and restart it but after about 20 minutes, it will not let me any function except destination history, return home, and address book. I wonder if it has anything to do with the truck body control module. The BCM goes to sleep after 20 minutes on GM cars and trucks. Just a guess
  • 4 weeks later...
unit on
screen open
Press EJECT and RESET at same time and then release EJECT ONLY
Screen closes
screen opens
Writing on screen comes up release EJECT
on joystick (near eject) UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, ENTER (push straight in)
Band button is BACK
POS/VIEW button is NAVI button.
No remote needed

[quote name="Anonymous"]found it, from 12volt

[b]steps to flash back the n1 software follows:
Please note, I do not take responsibility if you mess up your nav system. (when the nav is flashing the firmware, make sure theres no power outtage, etc.)

HOLD Eject, Press Reset button.
Screen will go in, and come back out with a black screen and a message about pressing the reset button.
you can releae the Eject button.
now enter the code using your joystick (the control on the right) push UP, Right, UP, Right, Down, Right, Down, Right, then Press in the joystick.

Now you should be in the menu, theres 3 pages of options, the 2nd page should have the option of force flash.

I forgot about what I did.. but I reset the memory, reset whatever info.. which shouldn't be necessary.

Please note that you'll need a remote to have it start programming/flashing procedure. for the voice command steering wheel remote, its the button on the lower left.

[/b][/quote]
  • 7 months later...
These steps above are missing a whole lot of information.
This is the total reset process step by step i found it on
[url=http://www.avicx1forums.com]www.avicx1forums.com[/url] and it worked fine. I had the 60M disks and they sucked but I have resetted my N2 without a problem

REMOVE DISK

HOLD RESET AND EJECT
RELEASE RESET BUT HOLD EJECT
SCREEN WILL GO BACK IN AND OUT-THEN SAYS PLEASE PRESS THE RESET BUTTON…DON’T
THEN WITH JOY PAD PRESS …
UP,RIGHT,UP,RIGHT,DOWN,RIGHT,DOWN,RIGHT…THEN OK (JOYPAD BUTTON INWARDS)
PASSWORD SCREEN WILL COME ON SCREEN BREIFLY
TEST MODE SCREEN APEARS-CLICK JOYSTICK TO RIGHT ONCE
SCROLL DOWN TO NUMBER 6-PROGRAM FORCED WRITE (OK)
FIND NUMBER 1 SYSTEM PROGRAM (INSERT DISK --CNDV 40/50/60?)
PRESS 1 SYSTEM PROGRAM (OK)
SELECT 2 DVD/CD ROM (OK)
SELECT LANGUAGE… (ENGLISH)
PRESS (VIEW –POS) BUTTON
SHOULD SEE SYSTEM PROGRAM GOING UP IN %

WHEN FINISHED PRESS (BACK)
FIND NUMBER 6 PROGRAM FORCED WRITE AGAIN (OK)
NUMBER 3 APPLICATION PROGRAM (OK)
SELECT 2 DVD/CD ROM (OK)
SELECT 1 UK ENGLISH...THEN PRESS (VIEW – POS) BUTTON
SHOULD SEE SYSTEM GOING UP IN %

WHEN FINISHED PRESS (BACK)
TEST MODE PAGE 1
SELECT 6 - CLEAR BACK UP MEMORY (OK)
SHOULD SAY FINISHED THEN ASKS FOR RESET BUTTON TO BE PRESSED
PRESS RESET ON FRONT OF UNIT

START SAT NAV AGAIN

ASKES FOR LANGUAGE PRESS NO (READ TEXT)
SYSTEM STARTS

BUTTONS

OK = JOYPAD INWARD
BACK = JOYPAD TO THE LEFT…NOTE THIS WILL BRING YOU BACK TO PREVIOUS PAGE
BACK = BAND BUTTON ….NOTE THIS WILL TAKE YOU BACK TO THE MAIN MENU
  • 2 years later...
Got a friend with an N1 Head unit with a N3 Hide Away. We have gotten into the service menu but cant seem to navigate correctly. None of the buttons listed work for "back". When we go into the screen calibration screens, we are essentially stuck in there unless we power down the unit. We dont have a remote, is there any way to navigate backwards once we are in the various menu screens.

Weve tried Band, left on the joystick, EQ then Band... nothing... any suggestions???
FYI:

Found out with Avic N1, while in the Service menu, if you press the "PGM" button on the top of the screen (when it is in up in the flipped out position), this seems to act as a back button. (Top of the Flap next to a "DSP" Button).

Worked perfectly for us, and so far the Screen calibration worked pretty good.

Just wanted to let everyone know
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey, does any1 know how to do a hard reset on the N3? kinda screwed myself by screwing up the void sticker a little. so until i can find one somewhere on eBay, i have to try and do this myself. The screen shows up as my being somewhere in Los Angeles, but I live in Iowa. I don't know how to fix the calibration on the gps. Another issue is that when i have the nevigation dvd in, the buttons like POI of choose a destination and shit are not the dark blue color that would allow me to click on them. And lastly, it's not letting me play movies from the unit itself, i had the switch flipped on the unit to allow this, but it's still prohibiting me from doing so.

I have the ground (light green cable) grounded to somewhere else on me car, other that the parking break..

and ALL this shit happened once i installed the dock that allow you to connect your Ipod to the N3... please help!

thanks so much!!