AVIC411.com

VSS Speed sensor wire

Hi all, newbie to this forum. Thanks for all the great info posted here. I'd like to ask a few questions if I could. I have used the search, but my questions are car specific, and hoping someone has info on this car. 2001 subaru outback wagon LL Bean, auto trans, NON mac radio 8 speakers with amplified sub, and cd changer. I'm getting ready to install the avic z110bt. I'm somewhat versed on working around cars and radio installs. I've done a few simpler mods on different cars. I would like to know if anyone knows where the speed sensor wire can be tapped on the subaru. I plan to do the bypass, so don't need to know where the brake light tap is. Also the avic instructions say to run the reverse signal wire to the reverse light in the back. Wouldn't it be easier to tap it off of the shifter switch or the lights that illuminate at the switch where the shifter is? One other question that I am sort of not sure of is the sub. It is under the front seat, and plugs into the radio via a harnes that plugs into the 14 pin into car harness at one end, and the radio at the other end. I don't see any extra power wire for the sub/amp, so I assume that it gets it's power from the radio harness, and the metro harness that I plan to use should take care of it. Any thoughts on that.

Thanks in advance for any help on these questions.

bestnavever