AVIC411.com

X920BT Dimming Console Lights = Dim Video Screen

Hey there,

Just noticed the other day that when I turn the car headlights on the Nav display and screen automatically dims. This is not a problem. The problem I am having is that if you have an iPod video or DVD playing the screen adjusts and becomes really dim as well. I can't seem to find any way to have the screen remain bright at all times with the headlights on. Not going to be a problem when it's completely dark outside...but when its rainy or cloudy out and you need your headlights on it's a bit frustrating. The screen becomes so dark you can't see anything?

D.

Home->Settings->Map Settings. Touch [Day/Night Display] to set the display color to Automatic (dims when the headlights are on for night driving) or to Day to keep the screen bright all the time.

Page 159 in the Operation Manual.

Hey. Thanks for the reply but I am aware of these settings already. Even when I set the Map settings to "Day" the screen still dims (including all video, source selection screen) when I turn on the headlights. The "Day" setting only keeps the Nav display from showing the "Night" screen.

It's weird.

D.