AVIC411.com

Bypass Pin Question

Hi All, ok, so I attempted to do the bypass the way it's shown in the youtube video. I cut the slot in the harness, but on pulling the pin out it broke in half. I guess I did not cut the channel wide enough. My question is, I can't find another pin that size, so I would like to use another wire/pin from the same harness. I'm guessing that any wire that I would not be using from that harness would be ok to remove and place in the proper slot for the bypass. I'm planning on trying to pull the wire from the front monitor output as I will not be using that. Am I off base on this idea?

Thanks

I utilized a heavy duty staple and pushed it into the slot above the pin you are removing. Then if you look at the top of the molex plug, you will see what appears to be a piece that can be removed. I was able to use a small flat head to lift up on that plastic a little. After that I pushed the staple all the way, and the pin pulled out cleanly. The only thing I had to do after that, was to bend the metal back on the pin just a little so that the pin can lock when inserted again.

Hi All, thanks for the replys. I managed to get another pin out without destroying it. I grabbed the rear video out white wire/pin, because I know I will never use that rca plug. This time I took a small model saw and cut the channel larger and the wire pulled out easily. It's actually a better wire to get out because it is between another slot from the same cable so if you go through the inner wall a bit it doesn't matter.

I added a question to this thread, don't know if that is allowed on this board, but I thought it was better than starting another thread.

I have the boyo vtl275 license plate backup camera which I am going to install with the avic z110bt. The instructions it came with are basically no instructions. It looks fairly simple as far as mounting it. but the wiring has me wondering which is the better way. It has one lead coming from the camera. This lead connects to a 25 ft extension lead to go through the car to the avic. At the end of the lead that gets plugged into the avic is a rca plug and 2 wires, a red and a black. that is all the wiring that comes with it. I assume thatn the rca plug goes into the rca jack from the avic that says rear camera input. Now do I tap the red wire into a 12v switched source and the black to a ground. Or do I tap the red into the power side of the back up lights and the black to ground. I know that the avic has a wire that taps the backup light power wire, but not sure if the camera does the same or it wants a constant power when the car is switched on to allow the avic to monitor the rear when in forward motion.

Sorry for the long post, appreciate any input

Thanks

On the rear cam, you wire black to ground, and the red to a 12V switched source. The reverse lead from the AVIC gets tapped into your rear backup lamp.

Some people use the power from the reverse lamps to power up the cam (probably because its easy to access back there), however if they want to use the reverse cam/map view mode they can't cuz the cam is off and only comes on when you are in reverse.

Hi ALL, just thought I'd update. Well I did the z110bt install today-all day. Man I didn't think it was going to be so much work. I installed the BOYO vtl275 along with it. Did the bypass, and mounted the mic on the headlined next to the mirror. Monuted the GPS antennae on the center of the dash with the wire going down the crevice between the windshield and dash. Real neat install no exposed wires and looks like it came with the car. It took most of the day and eve because I had to take many panels off the car to run the wires for the camera. The rear view is very nice, clear, bright even at night, and a very wide look. I took it for a test drive and everything is working great. The radio sounds excellant with much more bass and clarity then I got from the oem. I didn't change out any of the speakers, an 8 speaker system, or add an amp. There is a amp/woofer under the front seat from the factory. I did not install the VSS because I just didn't feel up to dismanteling any more parts of the car, but the nav is spot on without it. I'm in my mid 60's and I don't think I will do another install this involved. Thanks for the advice on this board, it helped a lot. Now it's Miller time--Luck to all.

sounds good. It definitely feels good when you do your own install. I guess now you just have to get familiar with all those buttons/settings in the head unit. It takes a little while to get familiar with it, but will happen.