AVIC411.com

Help Help iPhone 3GS and 710BT

Hello guys - I really hope you can help me!

I agonized all week long and I couldn't resolve this at all - it defeats the purpose of upgrading to a nice unit like this! About a week ago, I had a pro shop install into my 01 Nissan Maxima the AVIC-X710BT! I love the unit so far - except the contacts feature (or lack thereof)! I asked my boyfriend for help but all he could tell me is "sorry babe, I don't have an iPhone so I don't know??". He's just an Apple hater I suppose. Regardless, the pro shop can't figure it out either!

So hopefully you guys will be able to help pretty please: I got to successfully pair my iPhone 3GS (btw it's jailbroken w/ Spirit) with the unit, can make and receive calls, however, the contacts list is out of whack. After transferring the phone-book, all my contacts' names appear as alphanumeric characters (i.e. no Mary, Darlene, etc), just 416FEX65983JLRE blah blah etc. How do I get my contacts name to properly appear? Numerous times I deleted the phone connection from both the unit and the phone, re-paired them again, or re-transfer phonebook again, but to no avail - still same unacceptable result. On a most occasions, the message I got after transfer was 'contact book successfully transferred" (and still crappy names), but I occasionally received "not all business cards could be read due to limited memory capacity". Do you know the reasons of such anomaly?

For what is worth, the stereo unit has a build date of Jan 2010 and has SW version 3.020100 and bluetooth ver is HW100 SW330RC3. And I have about 280 contacts, so no, I did not go above the 400 mark.

I'm really hoping that you won't tell me that it can't be done...it works fine in my boyfriend's BMW iDrive!!! I read a post here that got me confused regarding usage of a SQLite, outlook macros, etc and it got me somewhere but apparently not far enough! Do I need to import contacts to Outlook (I use a Mac btw) and change the database format or something? If so, is there a very simple Idiot's Guide how to??

Sorry for the blabber - just venting! Thank you, Rosanna

I'm very logical for being a girl (at least my boyfriend says so), but I was thinking...

If the phone pairs up and properly transfers the contacts to his iDrive, then it must be a setting in the Pioneer stereo that negatively affects it no? Moreover, I don't believe that because I jailbroke the iPhone literally broke the bluetooth capability did it? I mean using the dial pad, the phone works soooo...??

Anyways, thanks for your help/input!

Rosanna

Yes thank you for the reply I'll see if I can find someone else with an iPhone...but it still doesn't explain anything! If the phone works elsewhere, it eliminates it from being the culprit.

So nobody else encountered this problem? I'm sure someone must have the answer for me!

Well there have been a ton of weird issues with these units in the past but this is the first time I have seen this one. Honestly, you never can tell what kind of weird problem your going to have with the F/X series. Anyway, look through the BT features on the phone. Hit the little blue arrow to the right of the unit profile on the phone and look through the options that it displays. Also your jailbraek method may be causing the problem. the Spirit method is relatively new and may be problematic in certain areas. I would recommend re-jailbraeking with either Redsnow or Pwnagetool if you determine that is the problem. A last ditch effort will be to restore your phone to stock firmware and see if that fixes the problem. then you can try to jailbreak again and see if the problem comes back. Hope this helps and good luck.

I'm having the same issue on a non jail broken iPhone. I have cleared all of the contacts and reloaded them a few times and still have all of the contacts double loaded, once with a long alpha numeric name and the second time with the actual contact name. if it matters I have a 700BT still on version 2 and an iPhone 3Gs with the latest firmware.