AVIC411.com

I searched the forums here and tried the reformat on the ipod, but the thing still won't play movies, just the sound.

30G classic. I will play the first movie on my 80G classic, but just sound on the 30G (my sons cartoon movei ipod). Any suggestions? I reformated earlier after it wouldn't even play or give sound on any. But now it just gives sound on all.

That is what I am figuring it is an iPod issue. But it seems the settings are he same on each iPod. I am goin to check the iPod firmware and see if that is updated. But otherwise I haggard TV out set to on. TV type to ntcs (or whatever it is) and widescreen to on. Those are the only settings I see

VBlues cabel sticky thread got me thinking maybe it is the cable? I have the OG pioneer cable, not a knock off, but maybe it is bad? Any my iPods are 5th gen, 30G and 80G, not classics.

Just don't know which cable to get, anyone use the Apple cable on the AVIC? Do you lose ability to function the iPod through the AVIC? Guess also if the pioneer cable didn't work, I could always send it back to crutchfield?

VBlues cabel sticky thread got me thinking maybe it is the cable? I have the OG pioneer cable, not a knock off, but maybe it is bad? Any my iPods are 5th gen, 30G and 80G, not classics.

Just don't know which cable to get, anyone use the Apple cable on the AVIC? Do you lose ability to function the iPod through the AVIC? Guess also if the pioneer cable didn't work, I could always send it back to crutchfield?

Your issue isn't the cable, can't be, the video out is the same pin on all ipod cables/docks

Your issue isn't the cable, can't be, the video out is the same pin on all ipod cables/docks

Ok, any other ideas? I reformatted three times now, and the settings are the same on each ipod, the 80G plays the first video on the list (I didn't reformat that one) and the 30G plays the sound of the movie, but no visual.

It is likely a defective pin in the dock connector of the iPod. See if you can try that iPod on some other display device and see if you get the same problem.

Thanks, I vaguely remembered how to connect it to my denon dock on the home theater and after getting the cable right, it played the video through the dock to the tv. so must not be the PIN. anything else?

It is definately the iPod. I bought a new iPod AV cable and it did the same thing, so I broke down and reformatted the 80G. Plugged it in and all the movies worked.

Anyone else using a 30G 5th gen video? Is it working with movies or not?

I was using a 60GB 5th Gen.. always worked fine

OK, last resort. I am going to try to create seperate playlists for each movie.

It worked as stated above, then I got back in the truck 30 minutes later and it worked then too (all movies played) then I drove for about 15 minutes, shut the truck off and when I turned it back on, only the first movie would play again.