AVIC411.com

Thinking of buying a F90BT

Thank you all for the replies, a couple more questions....

Am I've heard these don't come with the din cages, true? If I need one do I have to get the Pioneer one or will a cage from another company work (ie. JVC or Kenwood)?

Hopefully I won't have too much trouble getting this in my dash, all the websites say it won't fit in my '94 Mazda 626 but I have two single din spaces with just a very thin piece of plastic at the front separating them.

If you're using an iPod and just leave it plugged in will the VR have to update everytime the car is turned on, or is it just when the iPod has been reconnected? I'm looking for a iPod Classic to just leave in my glove box for media.

What are the best mods to do, in your opinion? Not sure of firmware, but if its 2.xx is it worth upgrading to 3.whatever they're up to now?

The F-series had defective flash drives so I am pretty sure the that was changed with the X-series. The F-series was actually developed by an outside 3rd party whereas the X-series was done completely by Pioneer because of the F-series debacle. It would make sense if more things were changed but I was only told about the flash memory.

You have some kind of documentation on this?

no documentation. just going by what someone inside pioneer told me last year.

If you're using an iPod and just leave it plugged in will the VR have to update everytime the car is turned on, or is it just when the iPod has been reconnected? I'm looking for a iPod Classic to just leave in my glove box for media.

What are the best mods to do, in your opinion? Not sure of firmware, but if its 2.xx is it worth upgrading to 3.whatever they're up to now?

the VR only needs to update whenever you make changes to your ipod (ie add songs or remove songs). however, the unit WILL automatically update the VR catalog every single time the car is turned on unless you go to AV SETTINGS and turn VR CATALOG MODE to "OFF". The best way to do it is to turn it ON to start, let it update, then turn it OFF until next time you make changes to your ipod. at that point turn it back on, let it catalog once, then leave it off until next time you make changes.

yes it is worth it to update it to the 3.0 software. you will get newer maps and you will have better/faster functionality.

Bought and paid for, I've known the guy for a few years on several different forums. Told him not to rush shipping it out as I will likely need to order the ADT-VA133 kit for it. Near as I can tell my car has just a small piece of plastic separating the 2 single din spots, should just be a matter of trimming that out. Will post pics as I can.

And as an extra little bit, found a couple for sale in Canada. They are asking double what I paid for this one, sucks being into car audio up here. When I bought my amps I went into the kicker dealer and was told a SX1250.1 was $1200, bought mine for $185 shipped in mint shape off a car audio forum.