AVIC411.com

Brake Bypass toggle switch on dash, instead on ground wire

Greetings, I had my Z1 installed last week in our RV,& I have a back up camera,.& I was going over the bypass instructions I printed from this site with the installer, & he said that they used a toggle switch mounted on the dash, nice looking with a little blue light when on, now I can, by hitting that toggle switch, anytime ,view the back up camera, it doesn't have to be in reverse, or any other mode, & going down the road, I can view our tow car full screen instead of split screen, which is real nice to keep an eye on the tow car ,pretty slick! I can't wait to get out on the road on our out trip, right after Christmas & try out the whole system, Happy Holidays Everyone, Earl at the Rivercabins.

It's not a brake bypass switch is it? What you have is faking out the Z1 into thinking you are in "reverse" so it shows you the backup camera.

Without flipping the switch do you get all the features all the time? Most people talk about "bypass" meaning getting around the motion lockouts. Not viewing the backup camera at will.

Have you tried it while moving? It would be good to know that you can watch the rear camera going down the highway without confusing the Z1. I was worried it might see you in reverse and mess up something with the route or whatever. It might not. It might just use that to trigger the rear camera. It might use that for the direction of the arrow or whatever. I don't know. I was just throwing out ideas to keep in mind.