AVIC411.com

AVIC-X920BT MicroSD Max Size?

What is the maximum size MicroSD card anyone has used on this unit, or similar units? I see 16GB MicroSDHC cards aren't all that expensive and 32GB ones will be coming on the market soon. Has anyone used a larger card like this?

I'm looking at getting the X920 and I don't currently have an iPod, looking at my options for storage of songs. I suppose I could just store a USB harddrive in the glovebox. On that note, has anyone experienced performance issues browsing with large music collections? I'm looking at around 40GB total but that will be pared down to 20 or so for the car.

Thanks!

U do know that there's a 2500 song limit on these units, right? The biggest microSD card is 16GB right now. Nobody has tried out the 32GB one since they are not out there. I'm pretty sure it will work just fine, since I am using an SDHC here.

Yeah having an iPod Classic dedicated for your music/video media is the way to go. Another thing that sucks about putting music on the SD cards is that, they won't be in alphabetical order, but instead in the order you add the media.

Looks like I'm going to have buy an iPod, ah well, I think that was inevitable. As far as install goes, I'm going to try to do it myself. I got the stereo removal guide for my vehicle (07' Xterra), the bypass seems pretty straightforward, iPod cable > glovebox is easy.

The only thing I don't really know how to handle is the GPS receiver and microphone. Where do you typically mount these? Under the dash (GPS), Top Left corner of the windshield (Mic)...