AVIC411.com

Did anyone manage to change maps fro US to Eu

Most of the world maps from TomTom are available unlocked on the net. I do have most of them "unlocked"

Did anyone try before loading the European maps on the US Z2/Z3

I'm SURE there is a way, because there was a seller for Z2/Z3 on ebay offering to replace the maps of US with Australia on the buyer's request..So there must e a way

I need to find out how to replace the US maps on an "unlocked" Z2 HDD with other maps..

Some other "stupid" question

Did anyone manage to load music directly on the disk before ?

Is it possible to load music on the HDD using a CD/DVD loaded with MP3 ?

Many Thanks

You can image a hdd with the maps you want but the issue that most people run into is that the AM/FM part of the radio works differently depending on what part of the world you live in. This pretty much makes the unit un-useable for anything other than navigation.

There is no way to load music directly onto the drive from a computer.

You CAN use MP3 files to make a music CD but the unit will not copy an MP3 disc.

The difference between the two is that a music CD generally holds 10-15 tracks and the capacity of the disc depends on the runtime of the media.

A MP3 disc can hold up to 1,000 songs, and the capacity depends on the actual filesizes of the media.

You can image a hdd with the maps you want but the issue that most people run into is that the AM/FM part of the radio works differently depending on what part of the world you live in. This pretty much makes the unit un-useable for anything other than navigation.

Many Thanks for your kind repose

I did use US radio's in EU. The FM reception is not very good but it works Ok for local powerful stations. the main difference (as I recall) is the FM frequency change steps

The other problem is DVD region codes but there is a way around this.. There are lots of software products that allows the change of format or copy the DVD into all regions version. I also read somewhere that you can actually change the region code of the Z2/Z3 by entering into service mode

Now the big question is

Did anyone try to get into the unlocked disk ...find where the US maps are and change replace them with Eu maps ?

there must be a folder that includes all the map images that can be manually replaced. Since I do have the EU map images unlocked already, I want to try to replace the MAPS data..rather than the whole unlit software image. If this would work then you can use this unit anywhere in the world where the TomTom maps are available.

DOES ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO REPLACE THE MAPS ONLY ?

Did anyone try to record on Z2 a non-original (copied) CD (normal CD not MP3) ?

Final Question: where can I download the service manual of the Z2/Z3 ?

Many thanks again for your help everyone

• 9 months later...

Hey Sam1sam did you ever get this to work?

I just got a car from the US with a Z3 in it, looks like the tuner incriments can't be changed but there's a band expander available to solve that.

I want to get the sat nav part to work in New Zealand, any ideas on this?