AVIC411.com

Missing beep!

When I use my VR, I have to watch for the little PacMan logo to light up, indicating it is ready for the next command. In other words, there is no 'beep'.

I have searched these forums, and have been unable to find anyone with the same issue. I have wandered through my settings, and cannot seem to find the appropriate toggle.

Could someone please tell me what I am missing?

Cheers!

You probably have the touch screen "beeps" turned off which unfortunately also disaples the voice command beep. If you turn the other tones back on it will re-enable the voice command chime.

i weighed the options and decided it was better to have the tones turned off and just look at the screen to know when its okay to talk.

Thanks for the advice.

I remember now I had turned this off because I couldn't stand the beeps for every single action, including just changing the volume while listening to music :(

So now I turned it on. I can hear the VR signal when its ready, at the cost of every other beep. Sigh...

Thanks again! Maybe there will be more options with the upgrade.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
Right there with you, I would love to have the beep on the VR part only, a beep when you turn up the volume is absolutely ridiculous!!!!! I sent a message to Pioneer about fixing this....like that will help :lol:

Yep, there should be a volume control on the beeps, as well as disabling it when changing the volume.