AVIC411.com

Z2 bypass please help..

Can someone give me a simple walk through. I am new to all of this and i am getting so confused. I pulled the unit out today to do the simple 2 wire method but then found that i need to unlock the hard drive and do some sort of update? I am not sure where to start but, i am confused and dont know what to update/how to unlock the hard drive. I thougt i was just supposed to do the 2 wire. Can some give me a step by step for my z2?

If it helps, my unit is new never updated or hacked just recently purchased from a retailer that still had excess stock.

You most probably just need to do the 2 wire bypass.... Just ground those two wires, and it should work... If not... download the latest updates from Pioneer and burn them to disc to update your unit...

If that still doesn't work, then you MAY need the hacked firmware disc...

The Z1 and early Z2 units needed the hacked firmware update disc that was available from this forum(not sure if it's still there or not)....

You only need to unlock the drive if you want to upgrade the HDD to a bigger drive....