AVIC411.com

So I'm trying to insall my X920BT in a 2k5 Jeep GC (no nav or boston acoustics) and the thing won't power up. I verified that the stock deck still powers up when I plug it back in, but the 920 won't boot at all - no fans, nada. I checked the 10 amp fuse on the back and it seems to be fine. I cracked open the 920's case to look for blown capacitors and they all look fine too. The wiring harness I got was the soche? It has two yellow (power) and two blacn (ground) wires coming from it.

My questions:

1) will the 12vdc leads coming from my factory harness suffice to power the 920BT since it requires 14.4vdc?

2) Will i need to ground to the chasis rather than using the factory harness ground wires?

3) have these wiring harnesses been known to be bad?

4) Is it potentially the head unit - how do i test if it is?

• 2 weeks later...

1 yes

2 no

3 no

4 could be, but i highly doubt it

look at the harness, there should be a red wire in the harness that you wired up the the avic's harness. now look at the same pin in the factory harness, no wire there right?

most newer jeeps/dodges/Chrysler, dont have a ACC wire in the factory harness (there will be one in the jeep aftermarket harness)

the factory radio gets its turn on and off signal from the can system from the cars computer

they make a expensive harness that has a module to convert the can signal into a regular ACC signal, or you can just run a wire from the radio's red wire to the positive wire at the cig socket/power port (if you have one that is key actuated, most jeeps have two, one that is on all the time and one that is on when the key is turned)