AVIC411.com

Z2 Doesn't know where I am anymore...?

So my GPS is screwed or something. My NAV doesn't know where I'm at and if i set my position manually, it gets lost within a few days and shows me driving through city blocks and in the mountains etc... Isn't there a way to make it find it's position via satellite?

Check via the hardware menu if you're actually receiving sufficient satellites. If not, perhaps there's a bad connection, or a defective GPS antenna.

You can also try resetting the calibration, that often helps in cases like this....

• 2 weeks later...

According to the last screen, you seem to be receiving zero satellites. Unless your car was parked inside a garage, either the connection to the GPS antenna could be loose, or your GPS antenna is screwed.....(assuming it was working before)

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem with my Z1. But instead of what you are experiencing, I am getting a message on my hardware screen that says, "NOK" after the satellite section, with a message that states that there is a problem with my antenna. I am going to buy a new antenna and see of that helps, I would recommend you do the same, an aftermarket, non-Pioneer model is going for about $10 on eBay.

I am having the same problem with my Z1. But instead of what you are experiencing, I am getting a message on my hardware screen that says, "NOK" after the satellite section, with a message that states that there is a problem with my antenna. I am going to buy a new antenna and see of that helps, I would recommend you do the same, an aftermarket, non-Pioneer model is going for about $10 on eBay.

Have you double checked that your antenna isn't just disconnected? NOK can also mean that the wire is unplugged.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's really weird, because it started working again mysteriously. It found exactly where I was and now shows 10/12 satellite connections. I was actually just about to pull the unit out and check the connection, but I'm gonna leave it alone until it does it again, or I have to pull it out for another reason.

Thx for the suggestion tho and I will check that next time.