AVIC411.com

System muting on its own

Hi all,

I just put my system in a few weeks ago and I'm having a strange problem. Every now and then, when the system boots up, its in full mute mode or ATT mode. As I drive for a while (10 to 15 minutes) it will start jumping in and out of att to normal sound then it will be ok. I have a 2010 camaro and I used a metra install kit which has the interface for the steering wheel controls. I also have the in motion hack. I didn't do the 'mute' pin switch as i needed that wire. I added a pin to the proper hole to do the hack.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

-John

Had a similar problem in my 07 tahoe where the ATT mode would come in and out. I had the mute wire attached to the Axxess GMOS-LAN-04 LAN unit which is a plug and play harness that allows me add a after market radio and retain your accessory chimes and Onstar. The Mute ATT feature gets enabled when I start Onstar, problem is even when I am not operating Onstar the Pioneer unit would go in ATT mode. I never did figure out why it did this so as a workaround I just disconnected my mute wire and the problem disappeared. Could be a defect in the Axxess GMOS-LAN-04 LAN since it is an intermittent issue. I dont use onstar that much so I can live without Mute. Since this change the entire unit just shuts off while onstar is being used. After onstar has concluded the power is restored.