AVIC411.com

920BT MP4 conversion.. what should I do?

The 920BT will play mp4, it is one of the supported formats.

I know there are people saying that the manual is wrong, that it only plays divx or avi or , but that isn't true.

I have a bunch of movies that I ripped using DVD Decrypter, then used DVD Shrink to pull out the extraneous stuff, then encoded into m4v/mp4 format using Handbrake with the iPhone/iPod Touch preset. A little more than half of them play perfectly from the microSD card and USB thumb drive. I don't know why the others won't play, but it must be something in the encoding settings, I just haven't had time to play with it and figure it out.

TJ: You're probably going to have to re-encode your videos to get them to work. The problem is that right now no one can give you a definitive answer on what encoding settings to use. Good luck!

Encode your videos in XVID/DIVX, at 900k or lower video bitrate, at 640 x 360 resolution or smaller, with mp3 audio codec and audio bitrate of 128, and a final file size of 950 MB or lower, and you will have success.

I'd be interested in the info on your working MP4 files. I am the one who has found the manual to be incorrect, haven't been able to get any MP4's to play from USB/SD at all. The most glaring error in the manual is the line that says "you cannot play divx/xvid from USB/SD".

-Aox

Still no reply from anyone.. Can we start a thread with some SPECIFIC details on this?

Converter Software To Use

Conversion rates

Conversion extensions / typers

Nothing is working.. I have several video converters and I am so over this already!

• 1 month later...

I also have the avicx920bt. I have all my videos encoded using super encoder from erightsoft when u convert the videos make sure check that u are encoding in dvix first also don't go any higher the 640 and u should tale off ffmpeg compression but I'm sure the program will aak u to uncheck the box . Also when encoding videos make sure to rename them to a smaller and relevant file name or the radio won t see it and when it asked which player version click on all playable dvix players !!!!

I also have the avicx920bt. I have all my videos encoded using super encoder from erightsoft when u convert the videos make sure check that u are encoding in dvix first also don't go any higher the 640 and u should tale off ffmpeg compression but I'm sure the program will aak u to uncheck the box . Also when encoding videos make sure to rename them to a smaller and relevant file name or the radio won t see it and when it asked which player version click on all playable dvix players !!!!

can you tell me what file extension to use so the Pioneer can see them? And when you say "number of characters" - really? Like old fashioned 8 character DOS? lol

sorry -- seriously, how many characters do you think is appropriate?

I did some recodes using DivX Plus Convverter, which squished em' down to 320x240 with a .divx file extension. The Pioneer said "bad resolution" or the like (from SD card) and wouldn't list any files.

thanks

• 8 months later...