AVIC411.com

How well does the "song/artist" MEMORY function wo

I have a problem. When I got my Z1 installed, the installers for some reason installed the "Universal XM Adapter" by TERK. The charged me $69.95 for the receiver box and $59.95 for the tuner. I am pissed! If I have an Avic Z1, why would they not install the GEX-P920XM? Best buy sells this unit for $100.

They charged me $130 for a old "universal xm adapter" which doesn't give me my full display (Channel, Artist, Song Name). It also doesn't give me Channel Logos. I plan on taking my car back tomorrow to have them upgrade my XM adapter to the GEX-P920XM. I don't expect to pay labor neither.

QUESTIONS:

When I go with the GEX-P920XM, will my channel logos come up automatically once it receives the activation signal? To switch my XM serial number on my account, do I call XM or can I do this online so that I can activate my new unit? How well does the song/artist memory function work?

Sorry to be so long-winded, but I can't believe that they did this.

Kleenkut13

I could be wrong, but I thought you only got the station logos with the GEXP10XMT xm tuner because it has the data cable. It runs $150-$200. As for the my mix song memory, it works exactly as it is described--once you bookmark a song, it will prompt you asking if you want to change the station when that song is playing on another xm station