AVIC411.com

Can D1 Handel 10 speakers

Hey i have a 2000 BMW x5, and am installing the D1 this weekend, The X5 has 12 speakers 2 being the subs which i wont use as i have a w6. So then you have 10 speakers. The front has a woofer mid and high, the back seat has mid and high. So what i wanted to do was get a 3 way crossover for the front and 2 way crossover for the rear. My question is can the pioneer 50x4 handel running 3 speakers of one channel (ex: the left front wires would go to 3 way crossover then off ove the corssover wires would run to the lft frnt woofer, mid and high) or would that be to much for the D1 to handle?

the speakers from the factory are running at 8ohms which is retared anyways, but yea the truck has a factor amp, but you cant use it without the factory headunit its a very complex system. But im thinking now im just going to use the front mid and high with a 2 way crossover and then use both mid and high in the rears

the speakers from the factory are running at 8ohms which is retared anyways, but yea the truck has a factor amp, but you cant use it without the factory headunit its a very complex system. But im thinking now im just going to use the front mid and high with a 2 way crossover and then use both mid and high in the rears

I don't see how it could be that complex, it doesn't run fiber optically or digitally so it's got to be possible to retain the amp, but I guess that's besides the point. just make sure you get a decent crossover. Remember you get what you pay for.

chade7320

http://www.x5world.com/bsws-mobile-e...0-dsp-amp.html

Thier you go read and learn, and if you know anyway to use factory amp please let me and the rest of the BMW world know bro.

seems like a bit more work then Id liked to do for your car. I dont see why pac or peripheral or someone doesnt make an adapter for the factory amp, or similar. I dont think that the speakers run at 8 ohms, that is to say, If I had to guess, I would say that is the rating of the individual speaker and depending on how they are wired together, and if theres a crossover or something between the actual amp and the speakers. I havent seen the car, but likely you can go into the amp, with your preouts, and accomplish using all the speakers. Of course depending on if there is a sub, which is probably tapped into the rears, you wouldnt be able to control the sub indepenadently unless you were able to find that amps input. I would think its very doable since its not fiber opitic. and even then you would just have to rewire the speakers to an amp (s).

what do you mean go into the amp with your pre-outs and use all of your speakers? how would i do that? And man do i wish they would make some kind of adapter thiers nothint for this car, not even a oduble din dash kit i had to have that custom made too, even though the dash opening is double DIN, metra or no one makes them its retarded

presumably the amp has inputs, so maybe a high-low converter, or even something one of these audio adapter companies make would interface with the rca outs of the deck. Otherwise, if you dont use an amp it isnt going to sound good, and remember those speakers where designed for the factory amp and head unit, so if you start pulling things out of the equation you are probably going to make it sound less quality then it does now.

Ok here are the pinouts from the input connector (18 PIN) it only has 2 inputs so thas the first problem, because the D1 wont do fading with only the fronts inputed where as the factory one some how worked around it. The second problem is figuring out how to get the amp to turn on without the factory HU. 8,9,17,18 are the inputs to the amp those are the only wires that run from the HU to the amp. I can tap into all of the wires coming out of them amp and am thinking just using a 2 way crossover on the front hooking up mid and high and from the looks of the pinout thiers only one pari of wires coming out of the amp for th rear mids and highs so i presume thiers a crossover inline somehwere their that sperates those so i just wire those directly to the D1. but i would love to use all of them so if you can figure out how to get the amp to turn on thats problem number 2

2000 DSP Premium Sound connector information

The pinouts for the 15 pin connector are:

PIN - CONNECTION

1- Sub 1 +

2- Sub 2 +

3- LH Rear loudspeaker + (Touring LH rear speaker ground)

4- Radio on/antenna signal

5- RH rear loudspeaker + (Touring RH rear +)

6- Sub 4 -

7- Sub 3 -

8- Terminal 30 connects to Fuse 56

9- Sub 1 -

10- Sub 2 -

11- Touring LH rear +

12- Touring RH rear -

13- Sub 4 +

14- Sub 3 +

15- Terminal 31 connects to Ground Point

The pinouts for the 18 pin connector are:

PIN - CONNECTION

1- Not used

2- Low freq. negative (-) signal - Transceiver/charging electronics

3- Not used

4- Not used

5- I-bus Signal Line - Splice X18344

6- Not used

7- Not used

8- RH front speaker - Connects to Radio

9- LH front speaker - Connects to Radio

10-Not used

11 Low freq. voltage (+) signal - Transceiver/charging electronics

12-Not used

13-Telephone mute signal - Transceiver/charging electronics

14-Not used

15-Telephone ON signal - Transceiver/charging electronics

16-Not used

17-RH front speaker + - Connects to Radio

18-LH front speaker + - Connects to Radio

The pinouts for the 26 pin connector are:

PIN - CONNECTION

1- LH front woofer +

2- LH front woofer -

3- Not used

4- RH front mid-range -

5- LH front mid-range +

6- Not used

7- Not used

8- Not used

9- RH front mid-range +

10-LH front mid-range -

11-Right rear mid-range speaker/tweeter +

12-RH front tweeter +

13-RH front woofer +

14-LH front tweeter +

15 LH front tweeter -

16-Left rear mid-range speaker/tweeter -

17-Not used

18-Not used

19-Left rear mid-range speaker/tweeter +

20-Not used

21-Not used

22-Not used

23-Not used

24-Right rear mid-range speaker/tweeter -

25-RH front tweeter -

26 RH front woofer -

That was my original idea because the amps very easy to access and very easy to get wires to. But dont it look likt to you that the rear mid and tweeter nd using one set of wires but in the door thiey are in 2 seperate locations. SO that would make me think thiers a crossover inline mabey iin the door, and i can just run the D1s rear wires directly to those.