AVIC411.com

Help with F700BT Fast. All of a Suddun Dead

I have owned this F700BT for a year now. The unit has worked flawlessly. Well upon returning from a trip last night from LA I hop in my truck at the airport and the unit appears to be dead. The unit appears to start booting up and then it just stays on the splash screen for 8-10 seconds then goes blanks. The Buttons are not lit up nor does it respond to any commands.

I have checked all connections so see if one of the soldered wires had come loose or something and everything is good. It appears to me to be some sort of software problem. The unit was updated approx 5 months ago and has been working flawlessly since.

I am at a loss here trying to figure out what to do. I recently just worked out a deal to sell this truck where the new owner will take delivery of this July 2nd so I don't have time to do the whole ship to Pioneer and wait to get shipped back game.

Please help.

Jesse

It's *possible* that your battery was drained some from sitting for the time you were gone. If that's the case, the unit should work if the battery was getting a charge, or if you had enough juice to start the car... I'm not sure..

This sounds somewhat like the ol' "changed my battery and my avic is dead" issue.. I'd check your fuses just to be sure, but the next logical step is usually an assumption that system files are corrupt for whatever reason, and attempting to update the unit/reinstall firmware. FX3.1 may help you out, but I'm not sure if you'd be able to boot that far.

Might be worth a shot swinging by autozone or similar and having your battery/alternator tested before anything else, though.

The truck is a diesel with two 1200 CCA Batteries. There is not sign of a current draw with the truck off and the alternator is putting out 14.4 volts so I highly doubt that is the issue. The truck was only at the airport for 3 days and nothing is going to drain two batteries that quick so I highly doubt that is the issue.

Does this post from one of the links that I had suggested in the other thread you responded to help at all?

Worth a shot at this point to just try all the common troubleshooting steps one at a time, if one of them works you're in business, if none of them work you're calling pioneer and getting it replaced for the new owner of your truck, or putting the stock deck back in and giving him a small break on the price. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I found this thread while looking for a fix for my AVIC700BT. It has done the same exact thing. Did you ever figure out your problem?

I bought mine in Oct 2008. It had worked flawlessly. I only did the first software upgrade. Although, a few weeks ago the wife told me that her radio would just shut off for no reason. It had done it to me a couple times while driving it. It would simply shut off. The screen would lit but, it would fall back to the "OFF" display in the upper left corner. Touching it turned it back on. Then all of a sudden she told me it wouldn't come on when she started the Jeep.

The splash screen would come on but, the radio would never start playing and when the splash screen was done displaying the screen goes dead. None of the buttons are lit or anything.